Thank you Dave, The dread naught is perfect
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    ptrooper wrote: »
    v2nac3k3ai3c.jpg
    Thank you Dave, The dread naught is perfect

Was my pleasure
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    I contemplated only cutting holes for the internal connections leaving finger room to unclip but by the time i did the drawing template i really didnt cut out that much more than what was needed.
    I have had drammas with overlapping materials with my SRS and more seals or glue would have most likely been needed between them.
    The plates that the crossovers are attached too are extremely solid and well braced .I added a little dynomatt internally where possible(3 square "s max ech".
    It reminds me of the SDA SRS-1.2 plate.

I wouldn't add braces to the front bezel but if it was originally braced i would definately check and add extra glue,re glueing my braces and Larry's rings in my 2 X SRS'S in my theatre lowered my noise floor and added more depth and air.

SDA CRS 4.1 TL 20 hrs in and they sound amazing.
  • ptrooper
    edited August 2018
    500 hrs and counting down
    Post edited by ptrooper on
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Extremely nice work by everybody involved in this Awesome Project, wish I could have a seat in the Sweet Spot!
  • ptrooper
    I highly recommend Dave and Trey's handy work and lets not forget of all the shared knowledge through this great site which i have been stalking for many moons now.

what can i say.......24 hrs playing and triple wowsa ,i am so surprised ,these little monsters are already surpassing my expectations ..... <3
    burn in with a little sunfire 17" 5 x 225 channel, mitt cvt terminator 1's to current top end and voltage to lower end via transparent reference mm fed by a little sonos connect ,i guees i should hit 500 hrs in 20 more days :p then oppo105D modded by Mr Joe Rasmussen takes over dac duty .

• ptrooper
    ohhh,i forgot to also thank Larry,who within a nites notice supplied the last remaining set of rings he had for my CRS when i asked in the forum around 7 months ago.
    Thank you Larry ,i would never build a set of polks with out your rings, these put them up on another level instantly!
    cheers Mate
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Glad to hear they are opening up nicely.

Ive been very impressed with the cmr... Same level of detail of the Mr but a hint warmer
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    4w862wn1c3p7.jpeg

I have to say that was a ballsy mod cutting that hole in the cabinets, they look awesome, and there is no copyright on my speaker stands, or rings for that matter, if one has the means to build them, build them!! I’m not one to get **** because someone copied an idea, it’s a hobby, and these speakers are how old? 30 years?

The stands look great, along with the crossovers, I love the braided speaker cables..

Enjoy..
  • ptrooper
    Thanks mate, all fun , It was just some harmless banta and Your absolutely correct ,It was a hard decision cutting them out , im glad I did they were a little Fidely installing the washers ,nut and locking nut ,not much room within these little babies but I can certainly say they gained a little weight
  • VR3
    Sean did a great job on the install.

Larry if your comment is towards me, feel free to PM me.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Toolfan66
    VR3 wrote: »
    Sean did a great job on the install.

Larry if your comment is towards me, feel free to PM me.

It was not directed to you, but looking at it I can see why it came across that way, my apologies..

That hatchet was buried a long time ago, well I would like to think so.. :#

• VR3
    edited August 2018
    Yep thought so to lol
  • ptrooper
    love the pic
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    4w862wn1c3p7.jpeg

I have to say that was a ballsy mod cutting that hole in the cabinets, they look awesome, and there is no copyright on my speaker stands, or rings for that matter, if one has the means to build them, build them!! I’m not one to get **** because someone copied an idea, it’s a hobby, and these speakers are how old? 30 years?

The stands look great, along with the crossovers, I love the braided speaker cables..

Enjoy..

• ptrooper
    in case any one is wondering...the circles are the bare minimum needed to have installed thesee7kwcbalwb35.jpg
    xovers
  • VR3
    Those bad boys do take some. Real estate
  • ptrooper
    They sound incredible thanks Trey....I'd do it all over again no problem!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    Try flipping the passive if you think you may have lost a some internal volume with your new mods.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • ptrooper
    350 hours and all positive , cheers. Thanks for the tip
  • VR3
    How's it sounding Sean
  • ptrooper
    No complaints here. Must be 600 hrs in and my wife and self cant help notice how the notes just really sound really so natural. Thanks again Trey. ❤️
  • ptrooper
    To be quite honest Trey,theres not a song that goes by where my attention isn't drawn to how pleasing they sound.
    I have been playing them quit allot recently for background listening and i love the fact that i can still feel them. ..... I Likem allot : ) they'r keepers.

• VR3
    That's awesome. Sometimes smaller speakers are easier to dial in to the room

Glad to hear 😊
  • Toolfan66

Glad to hear 😊

Agreed, there are things my CRS+’s do that I wish my 1.2tl’s did in my room..

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Glad to hear 😊

Agreed, there are things my CRS+’s do that I wish my 1.2tl’s did in my room..

Like what?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited December 2018
    Sean @ptrooper How are the CRS's doing?
  • ptrooper
    gidday@honestaquarian The CRS's and SRS's in the theatre room just keep getting better with every upgrade i put in front of them : )

Thanks Trey
    And Merry Xmas .
  • VR3
    Glad to hear they are rocking out!

Merry Christmas guys!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    That looks sweet. Very creative Trey! Bet it sounds good too.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    Thank you sir! 😊