Resistors for Tweeters

I’m trying different value Mills 12 watt resistors to bring down the high end of my Magnepan MG 3.6s. Does anyone have recommendations for other more expensive brands that I should get once I decide on a value that works best? I’m looking at Duelund and Path, but I’m sure there are others to consider.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Maggies, IME are not known for having a hot top end. Anyway, I'd stick with the Mills.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    I am stuck with a wall of windows behind the speakers. Some DIY panels helped a lot, but there is still a bit too much treble energy on many recordings. Well-recorded LPs are an exception, so maybe I need a better DAC.
  • maxward
    Ten feet, so probably not a ceiling issue.
  • maxward
    I might try it.
  • F1nut
    maxward wrote: »
    I am stuck with a wall of windows behind the speakers. Some DIY panels helped a lot, but there is still a bit too much treble energy on many recordings. Well-recorded LPs are an exception, so maybe I need a better DAC.

So, the issue only raises its ugly head when playing CD's?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    I am generally more aware of the issue when I listen to CDs versus LPs. Lazy guy that I am, CDs are mostly what I play.
  • F1nut
    In that case, your comment about needing a new DAC is likely correct.

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    Speaker cables and amp and preamp power cords are MAC (my audio cables) made by Steve Hallick, who I believe is now out of business. Reviews can be found online. Other power cords are Pangea except turntable, which is captive. Interconnects are mostly Straightwire Musicable II or better. Digital is MIT. Thanks, @DSkip.

• maxward
    I have been considering either a Schiit Bifrost or Gungnir multibit as a replacement for my current DAC. After reading @DSkip and others, the North Star Design Intenso looks very promising for a price that splits the difference. Has anyone heard these back-to-back?