A Star Is Born..

Anyone else seen it? My mother in-law wanted to see it for her birthday, I was wanting to check it out as well, this just pushed us to see it today, saw it in a Dolby Theater, the video/sound system was top notch, I have never been in one, back to the movie, I highly enjoyed it, I thought Bradley, and Gaga did a great job..

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I have seen the 1954 version and one from the 70s, but I take it there is something else I am missing. :p
  • The wife and I are off Monday, planning to see it then when the kids are in school. Looks good.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I will buy the DVD. Hopefully in 4K.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    The wife and I are off Monday, planning to see it then when the kids are in school. Looks good.

Dang. Our kids are of Monday but we have to work! I have to take the day off to watch the rugrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Great movie! Watched this morning. It’s gonna win a few awards if it already hasn’t.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    yes seen it Sunday night very good movie and I do believe it will win awards as well.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Have you guys seen Bradley Cooper in " LIMITLESS"? He was the PERFECT guy to play that part! Great Movie and it made me think...what if? :DB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Did humankind need another version?

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Hollywood has shown their minds are only so big anymore. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • So go watch it. It’s more different than the same.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    by the way, nothing against Ms Germanotta. I think she's both very talented and very smart.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Yeah, I went with GF but I wasn't expecting much and I must say Ms. Germanotta was stunning and really did a great job. Seems to be a natural actor. Some other guys did a really good job in back up roles including Dice Clay and Chappelle. Walking out, people were gushing over the movie and it was a nearly full theater at a matinee. Can't remember that happening for awhile. (I remember at The Lord of The Rings every seat was full and nobody said a single word during the entire movie.)