The SDA SRS's have landed at Verb's house!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Will "Billy Idol" be the first artist to christen the first sound you hear from those beauties?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    Will "Billy Idol" be the first artist to christen the first sound you hear from those beauties?

Hehe. 3rd in queue! Evanescence Lost Whispers cranking right now! :smile: OMG the bass digs deep!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    The bass that my SRS2's put out ALWAYS puts a smile on people's faces too. :DB)
  • verb
    The bass that my SRS2's put out ALWAYS puts a smile on people's faces too. :DB)

Amy Lee’s voice is giving me goosebumps! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just wait til you upgrade those tweets and XO’s.... you ain’t heard nothin yet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Awesome! Enjoy!
    I gotta get a cable for my CRS’s. I’ll see about finding one later today.
  • verb
    Just wait til you upgrade those tweets and XO’s.... you ain’t heard nothin yet.

Yep. Tweets are 1st on my list!
  • See if you can spread them a little further apart and see if that helps with the soundstage. MOVE THAT VACUUM! :#
  • verb
    See if you can spread them a little further apart and see if that helps with the soundstage. MOVE THAT VACUUM! :#

Hehe! Yeah, they are by no means in their final spot. Just wanted to test them out. So far so good. :smile:
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    The phone is going to seriously eff up the imaging. Highly suggest cordless... B)
  • nooshinjohn
    The phone is going to seriously eff up the imaging. Highly suggest cordless... B)

And you know this from experience I presume, or are you just speculating again. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

And you know this from experience I presume, or are you just speculating again. ;)

Look at the coiled cord man!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018

Your youth and inexperience are showing again....

The coils also have the required 1" spiral to them as they hang,, so pose no audible distortion of the signal. I think DK did a study on the phenomena as well, and reached the same conclusion, so long as the 1.21 jigawatt threshold is not exceeded below 75 watts.

• verb

Your youth and inexperience are showing again....

The coils also have the required 1" spiral to them as they hang,, so pose no audible distortion of the signal. I think DK did a study on the phenomena as well, and reached the same conclusion, so long as the 1.21 jigawatt threshold is not exceeded below 75 watts.

Thank God it’s not plugged in! :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I bet if you listened to Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean", that phone would ring at the exact moment the studio phone also rings in the original recording and sound AMAZING! Verb creates a whole new level of SDA realism!!!!
  • verb
    Hold on the phone’s ringing? Hello? Dog? :smile:
  • Viking64
    verb wrote: »

Not this time!

vcus9qbs2wwk.jpg
  • Viking64
    Cow says: "I'll put a stop to this phone nonsense!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE63-Hw9yeY
  • Viking64

I wonder if the famous black dog at Headley Grange ever answered the Rolling Stones' mobile phone when Zeppelin was there recording their fourth album? I know that he could chase "Four Sticks" at a time. :)
  • Tony M
  • Viking64

Obviously the lab prefers older Iron Maiden. :p
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    u7tc4ght8i5e.jpg

Looks great verb!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • verb
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Brother! All I can say sor far is OMG! Soundstage (vertical) is incredible! Bass is deep, and precise.

Yeah the tweeters are a bit bright, but I already ordered 8 new RD0-194’s !
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Why are you running the preamp without the cover on? Just curious.
  • verb
    edited October 2018
    A bit lazy, but @gmcman still owes me some screws! :smile: And I got some Bugle Boys I’m getting ready to roll in there! :smile:
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2018

Reading my mind. :D
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto