In honor of personal bouts of stupidity...

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Please don't post photos of severed body parts or overly graphic gore. Thanks.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Please don't post photos of severed body parts or overly graphic gore. Thanks.

Bet you're the life of the party brah o:)o:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    I was going to grab a CD off my rack earlier today and was trying to do so away from my sleeping cat who was in my computer chair. As a result, I was closer to the CD rack than usual, and when I started to stand up after getting the CD, I stood up at full speed directly into the corner of a wall shelf. The middle of my head hit the pointy corner and I could actually feel my neck compress from the impact.

It was one of those "silent pain" moments. You know, where the action that you just did hurts so bad that you want to scream and make a ton of noise, but the pain is so intense that you have no choice but to remain silent and just try to realize what just happened. Yeah.

So I staggered away and held a paper towel on my head for the next 15 mins for the bleeding to stop. I now have a nice gash there just under 2" long.

I'm putting 100% blame on my cat who was for some reason still sleeping at nearly 3:00 in the afternoon. OR, we could blame CDs and physical media, because if I had my library digitized I wouldn't have been swapping discs. Hm.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Ouch dude! Hope you’re all right!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The cat planned it... They're evil, you know.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Ouch dude! Hope you’re all right!

No worries, I understand he has a VERY thick skull. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    did you get stitches Drew? That sounds pretty bad...sorry man.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    wrvsgqnnshb4.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Sorry Drew.

The things we do for our pets.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I love my cat but she isn't allowed near ANY of my gear. She had that right taken when she took out 1 MW6510 and a 6503.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I have four cats, and they now ignore my stereos and TV setups. When they were kittens a few screamed "NO! GET AWAY" seemed to have done the trick. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Nah, didn't need to. Bleeding eventually stopped on it's own!
    I love my cat but she isn't allowed near ANY of my gear. She had that right taken when she took out 1 MW6510 and a 6503.

I'm so lucky, my cat stays away from my stereo rack. He doesn't chew through expensive wires or claw at things other than his cat furniture & scratchers. He's a really good cat!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Nah, didn't need to. Bleeding eventually stopped on it's own!

I'm so lucky, my cat stays away from my stereo rack. He doesn't chew through expensive wires or claw at things other than his cat furniture & scratchers. He's a really good cat!

Mine didn't do it on purpose. More of a miscalculated jump being chased by our dog. She is a good cat overall just not allowed in the music room haha.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    More of a miscalculated jump being chased by our dog. She is a good cat overall just not allowed in the music room haha.

iv088kxij1wb.gif
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I got a hang nail once...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited October 2018
    Options
    A few months back I was adding a second electrical outlet to a 20 amp circuit because the original outlet was in an inconvenient spot. I turned off the breaker for the circuit which I knew was correct since it was the only line with a yellow jacket. I added a junction box because the original outlet box was in difficult spot under the stairs. I slithered on my back under the stairs landing towards the bottom of my stairwell where the outlet was located, I pulled the wire about 6 inches from my face since I did not have much wiggle room and cut the wire. Kaboom! - I'm like what the ****#%@ It turns out I had 2 lines with a yellow case and I turned off the breaker for the wrong one. The second yellow line was hiding behind a white line going into the breaker box. The cut burned the line for about 2 feet towards the original outlet. So not only did I have to do the wiring for the new outlet, I had to replace the wire leading to the original outlet in the difficult location. Always test the circuit before working on even if you think you know what you are doing!
  • verb
    Options
    Good story @Polkitup2 ! You were lucky! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    edited October 2018
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I used to have a walk-behind, gas-powered lawn vac that also functioned as a chipper/shredder. Ever wonder why they'd have to put a sticker on the chute warning not to stick anything (like your hand) inside while the engine was running? Yeah, me too, until I did just that... Well, technically, I had turned the engine off, but stuck my hand in to clear a jam a fraction of a second too soon. Cut the tip of my pinky finger almost completely off. The only thing left connecting it was the nail, which held on long enough for the tip to begin healing. Lots of triple antibiotic! And then I lost the nail for a while...

When a topic like this starts off with a "gas-powered chipper shredder".....you have to assume it won't end well...;) Glad you're ok.

Long story but a life lesson.

My act was when a large oak fell in the woods just at the edge of our property line, near where the kids like to go down to the creek.

There were a couple of limbs holding it a good 2' off the ground, somewhat unstable..so my intention was to get it on the ground since kids can be adventurous.

I was able to get it resting on the ground and then proceeded to walk out of the brush, the look on my sons face I won't ever forget.

Dont worry, this ends well, no children were harmed.

At the time he was about 4 YO, he was standing a distance away and had on his eye and earpro.... B) It's the look on his face that I always want to see so my safety stance on saws has gone to more of a no-tolerance policy with myself.

I've always been a chainsaw safety advocate, used them for years, no issues ever...one tooI I have much respect for its ability to kill you quick and ugly. That being said, I left my chaps at my neighbors house who was gone for the weekend, but this was only going to be a couple of quick cuts.

The limbing saw needed the chain sharpened, so I used my ported 372xp with a 24" bar. Upon walking out of the brush there was a sapling growing in the walk path so with a quick blip of the throttle, I was able to take it out.

At that time I looked up and, saw my son was excited to see me leave so I paid close attention to him, making sure he stayed put. He's always wanting to participate, so his safety is first and foremost..for the record he was at a good safe distance.

So I took one step, pretty much simultaneously as the chain was spinning down and right as I was reaching for the chain brake, the long bar hooked on a vine tethered behind me. The chain had just enough speed that when it hooked the bar, it cut the vine then went backwards towards the outside of my left leg. The chain hooked my jeans and I felt a swat on my leg, no biggie.

I thought...wow, that was close. I shut the saw off, looked down at my leg and noticed my shredded jeans and thought...this is bad.

That's when the look on my kids face is forever burned in...he was just staring, unknown to what happened.

The seam of the outside of my jeans was enough to disrupt the full intention of the chain, but looked like a lion clawed my leg.

It was one instance where everything had to be just right..and it was. I always walk with the brake on, climb over with the saw off...just a freak moment of lack of concentration.

There was no real pain, but the scrubbing part sucked...lol.

I was extremely lucky, I had about 6 long cuts, one was about 1/4" deep, all happened in a fraction of a second. Both sides of the seam were a gaping hole, but the thick outside seam was intact.

I took pics but..... B) It left a scar, nothing major, but always a reminder.
  • verb
    Options
    No pics please! :smile: Wow brother, glad you're ok!