Marvin Gaye-What's Going On gets the MoFi treatment....but....

I was stoked to get the email, but $125 each!!!!!!!???????????
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    muncybob wrote: »

A wee bit steep for my empty pockets.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    muncybob wrote: »

I thought the same thing. But, I did purchase the Donald Fagen Nightfly, and that is one of the best pressings/albums I have.

I am going to get a copy.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • I bought the Bill Evans, listened to it twice to see what it was all about and then sold it. When I did sell it, I went the good Karma route and sold it to a VPI group member for what I paid. For a collector, I get it but for the incremental improvement over a good $40-50 AP/QRP/Mofi/etc it just wasn't worth it for ME in MY system with MY bank account. If I had a 100K system with a over flowing retirement account, I would buy them all.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    True it's a 45 rpm version which usually sells for a premium. But, probably also priced that way because they'll be selling for $300 a piece two years from now on the used market and bought by collectors who will never listen to them. They are trying to limit sales to two a person. :)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Yea, the sell it later at a premium approach has crossed my mind. But 2 now, sell 1 later still sealed for what the 2 cost me..break even.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    SRV Texas Flood is up next. Guess I’m out $250 for two up coming releases!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I don't like having to flip sides every 10 minutes with the 45 rpm LP's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Yep, along with the premium price tag I wonder if they are worth it.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    F1nut wrote: »
    I don't like having to flip sides every 10 minutes with the 45 rpm LP's.

Well... that's why they made record changers!

:|

https://youtu.be/fFcrEta9HKk

https://youtu.be/t2dXUV_ITsE
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I always thought these were a cool novelty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WusL2liPico
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member