Tom Petty: American Treasure

PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
edited September 2018 in Music & Movies
You won't get much that you haven't heard before as far as new songs, but there are live versions, different mixes, etc. Linear notes are pretty cool with comments from his wife and some of the Heartbreakers as well as some photos. I'm a HUGE Petty fan and I think I have everything he's ever released so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I like it and am glad I made the purchase.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
Post edited by PSOVLSK on

Comments

• Nice, just wondering out loud if anyone knows if Tom left behind any significant amount of unreleased material. Still hard to believe he's gone.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Today is the one-year anniversary of his death
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2018
    His daughter was on a CBS Good Morning, today. She said there is a trove of material.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    His daughter was on a CBS Good Morning, today. She said there was a trove of material.

Well now! That sounds promising.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    The anniversary concert DVD they did at the University Of Florida is pretty dang good too, I might add!..