Need replacement grill cloth for my RTiA1 speakers that isn't black.

We just moved into a new condo in Florida and my wife is not happy with the appearance the black grill covers on my RTiA1 speakers that I am using as the rear surround speakers in a 5.1 setup as they stick out like a sore thumb where they are being placed in the apartment. Does anyone sell white or other fashion colors in grill cloth and if yes would it be difficult to switch the black cloth for the new color on my RTiA1 grills?

Also does anyone sell replacement grills that already have a different color for the RTiA1 speakers so I wouldn't have to change the cloth myself?

Years ago I had JBL L100 Century speakers that had a cool looking brilliant orange "waffle" pattern grill which everyone loved looking at. I would be open to a cloth color like that also.
ypuehhryi2qx.jpg

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I think that partsexpress.com has multiple colors. And there are lots of instruction videos on YouTube. Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • NYCGuy
    NYCGuy Posts: 8
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I think that partsexpress.com has multiple colors. And there are lots of instruction videos on YouTube. Good luck!

Can I assume that Polk has only made the grill covers for the RTiA1 speakers using black cloth?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    NYCGuy wrote: »

Can I assume that Polk has only made the grill covers for the RTiA1 speakers using black cloth?

That is a correct assumption.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • NYCGuy
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

That is a correct assumption.

How boring! :'(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Years ago I had JBL L100 Century speakers that had a cool looking brilliant orange "waffle" pattern grill

UGH!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• NYCGuy
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked at their colors and frankly they were pretty boring. I would love to find a solid color in the orange family or even an attractive pattern. .
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Found these! Far out man! :smile:
    8stgwlikni0x.png
    http://hardtruckers.com/
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • NYCGuy
    verb wrote: »
    Found these! Far out man! :smile:
    8stgwlikni0x.png
    http://hardtruckers.com/

I think they are very cool looking and remind me of when I went to Woodstock, however my wife just vetoed them. :'(
  • NYCGuy

Yes there are some good color options here. Has anyone ever changed the fabric on a grill like the one on the RTiA1? If yes, can you give me some pointers?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767

Yes there are some good color options here. Has anyone ever changed the fabric on a grill like the one on the RTiA1? If yes, can you give me some pointers?

With a quick Google you can find tons of videos on YouTube. There are different types of frames as you probably know, and I would attach the fabric to the frames the same way it was attached in the first place. :)
  • F1nut

It appears to me the grill cloth is heat fused to the plastic frame. You'd be smart to leave it alone.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut

Barf

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    F1nut wrote: »

Barf

I don’t know what it is, but I almost like it. I think it’s because it’s so different. It stands out. I mean, orange grills aren’t too commonplace, and I think in some rooms it might look rather nice.
    Not that I’d buy it though. :)
  • NYCGuy
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Barf

I don’t know what it is, but I almost like it. I think it’s because it’s so different. It stands out. I mean, orange grills aren’t too commonplace, and I think in some rooms it might look rather nice.
    Not that I’d buy it though. :)

As mentioned years ago I had the JBL L100 Century speakers with their orange grill covers and they looked fabulous and a orange color cloth would look great in the room I currently have the RTiA1 speakers in. There is a similar orange color on a sofa located nearby and some of the light sconces on the wall are also orange.
  • NYCGuy

It appears to me the grill cloth is heat fused to the plastic frame. You'd be smart to leave it alone.

That would be an issue and I better call Polk customer service first.