Should I connect my TV to my DAC?

2»

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    warren wrote: »
    Got HDMI?

Yeah, and I thought that I could use the ARC to get the TV signal to the Cambridge. That doesn't work and I prefer not to do that anyway. I think I have to take it in to the Geek Squad because it's only a 40". I don't want those people in my house anyway.
  • afterburnt
    "The radio is broken, it don't work no more" I don't remember what happend but it didn't work with coax or optical.
  • afterburnt wrote: »
    "The radio is broken, it don't work no more" I don't remember what happend but it didn't work with coax or optical.

Haven't seen you in a while Bruce. Glad to see you're still kicking!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »

Kicking and screaming all the way, I won't go quietly!

• DSkip wrote: »

You did for a little while. Welcome back bud. I missed your antics.

Me Too, it's has become too sane around here!

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »

Kicking and screaming all the way, I won't go quietly!

You did for a little while. Welcome back bud. I missed your antics.

Are you making sport of my behavioral disorder? Hmmmm
  • afterburnt
    Maybe there is a problem because thr TV output is some fancy format?
  • afterburnt
    @DSkip ehat do you think? I am thinking it is an AV codec so it wont work.
  • afterburnt
    I bet you are right. I will figure it out evetually. I may even start watching it with decent sound.
  • afterburnt
    Solved the problem by connection the coax from my BR. I only want to use it on occasion and this is a perfect solution.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,525
    Solved the problem by connection the coax from my BR. I only want to use it on occasion and this is a perfect solution.

8ayOhgx.gif?noredirect
  • afterburnt

The BR went weird on me after playing a data disc. I went into settings and changed it to PCM from Bitstream and it worked again. Maybe the data disc switched it to Bitstream? I switched the TV to PCM but I have to get back there and connect a cable to see it corrected the problem too. Too tired to try it now, I may get stuck back there and starve to death.
  • afterburnt
    warren wrote: »
    How did you ever hook up all this great gear? Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

I just plugged everything in flushed the toilet and hit the garage door opener and voila music!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 721
    DSkip wrote: »
    If it won't play you should be able to convert the signal to a PCM stream that the DAC can handle. Most standalone dacs won't do Dolby or dts

I agree with Skip. I had same issue/sound during play back when I first hooked up my Samsung smart TV via Opt. to my little SMSL DAC. Then I switched the TV's playback to PCM and its worked ever since.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)