Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Those padded screw in feet are worthless.
    Wrong...they are worth at least $10 drop-shipped from China.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Spikes couple, those decouple.
    Wrong again. Spikes couple themselves to speaker cabinets, but they decouple themselves from flooring, with only the smallest point of a cone touching the floor.

Coupling involves solidifying a connection between two objects, whereas decoupling minimizes the connection.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you're clueless.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Careful, Jesse...the insinuation is that only your perspective is pertinent. Please explain how the tiny point of a cone barely touching a point of contact is considered 'coupling'.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • F1nut
    Options
    Push your speaker with your current glides on and it will slide easily because it's not coupled to the floor. Try that with spikes on and it won't slide because it's coupled.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Push hard enough, and it will still slide...no matter what. 'Coupled' involves a mechanical attachment, not just gravity as you suggest.

A protective disk (via gravity) is all that we can hope for with spikes. In the end, the fine point of a cone touching a protective disk is all that we can hope for.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • F1nut
    Options
    Sure, you push hard enough with spikes on and they will tear up your floor because they are COUPLED to it. I suggest you consult a few speaker manufacturers since you're having such a hard time understanding the concept.

President of Club Polk