VELODYNE DLS-3500R SUBWOOFER WITH REMOTE - $125 + Actual Shipping Cost

Options
stretchl
stretchl Posts: 1,334
edited August 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Another piece from the stuff I picked up at the big church garage sale.

There are two, TINY, imperfections in this unit, and both are clearly shown in the photos. Other than those two small scratches, one on a corner and another just below the Velodyne nameplate, this subwoofer shows no signs of use.

Comes with original remote, users manual and a set of cables.

wyqldn4ba9wc.jpg

fx4o4m5n3cb1.jpg

4ma4iwczqg28.jpg

io0pz8ahhicu.jpg

euyd0lmc7d4f.jpg

1u3b66y025s8.jpg

5ph9rerof3vm.jpg

osw6cpb83vvc.jpg

qy99zsdxveau.jpg

509x7qa4h0ss.jpg

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
- Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
Cabling by Groneberg
Visuals
https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Sending PM.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Thanks @stretchl for a smooth transaction and for meeting my wife for the drop off while I was out of town.
    This sub is in better shape then the pics show. At first I was picking it up with the intention to bring it to my friend in MN but, after hooking it up and trying it by itself, and then with the Velo spl1200, it might not be leaving my townhouse. It took me a bit to get it dialed in for dual but, I think I have it where I want it. For an 8", it has a nice quick punch to it.
    Can it go round for round with my SLP1200, NO. but, I didn't expect it to but, That 1200 is one heck of a sub for its size. It does add a bit more fullness to that messed up room I have the KEF's in. Trying dual subs in my small disaster of a music room is something I never thought of trying before but, it seems to work well. I need to play around with placement a bit more, I don't think its going to make it to my friend Mikes house as intended LOL.

Anyway, thanks again @stretchl !!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    try opposite corners Brian, it has worked well for me in the past.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Thanks. Right now I have them both in front but, opposite makes a lot of sense actually. Time to get the longer RCA out!
  • stretchl
    Options
    Great to hear @erniejade I may need to brush up on my photography skills. ;) Enjoy, mate -
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • erniejade
    Options
    Your skills are perfect. At a foot away I cannot see the blemishes. Heck the camera on my cell cannot capture what you did.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice pick up Brian. Kills me to see people on the forum wanting to fix psw10's when subs like this are available for the price of good gym shoes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    @erniejade...

If that Velo is gonna be sold let me know. My Father in Law is looking for a good budget sub..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    @erniejade...

If that Velo is gonna be sold let me know. My Father in Law is looking for a good budget sub..

Don't you have like 12 of them ..... lol
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited September 2018
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    @erniejade...

Don't you have like 12 of them ..... lol

Not what he's looking for lol.... hes looking for something super small, and cheap, and I'm hoping to add "high performing" to that mix so he doesnt end up with a Onkyo HTIAB type sub.....

He'd need to buy an amp (plate or dedicated) and that plus materials would be more than he'd want to spend....

He's coming from a BOSE sub + satellite system....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Polk DSWmicropro model?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Dan I have owned a ton of subs over the years, this is actually a really solid sub for the $$$:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIRAGE-LF-150-POWERED-SUBWOOFER-MINT-Condition-in-Original-Box/283168217398?hash=item41ee241936:g:F6cAAOSwYapbc5c7

It’s little brother — the lf-100 — is also solid and punchy and is tiny!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • tonyb
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!

HUH ?? The most expensive sub in the DSW line is 650 bucks. To many, that is dirt cheap. Used would be even way cheaper.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!

Good point...
    Minor details. ;)
  • krazypolk
    Options
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!

Agreed and hard to find.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!

HUH ?? The most expensive sub in the DSW line is 650 bucks. To many, that is dirt cheap. Used would be even way cheaper.

Micropro tony, try to keep up :p
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • krazypolk
    Options
    Polk DSWmicropro model?

Expensive!

Micropro tony, try to keep up :p

Hey! Respect your elders. You'll be an ol **** one day too.
  • tonyb
    edited September 2018
    Options
    LOL, MY BAD !!

Since Polk no longer makes them, they should be cheap now. Still, too many other subs out there that would be way better. Anytime you can find a quality sub under 500 bucks, it's money well spent.

Brian got a deal, good on him. You other dudes slept right threw it. :) Gotta be faster than an Ethiopian Chicken when these deals pop up. Come to think of it, the resemblance to Brian is uncanny. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Options
    Dan I have owned a ton of subs over the years, this is actually a really solid sub for the $$$:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIRAGE-LF-150-POWERED-SUBWOOFER-MINT-Condition-in-Original-Box/283168217398?hash=item41ee241936:g:F6cAAOSwYapbc5c7

It’s little brother — the lf-100 — is also solid and punchy and is tiny!

I haven't heard the subs but some of the Mirage speakers that I have heard were darn good for the $.

Tony, Ethiopian Chicken ? Throw in some wine and I will put on the costume! Too funny.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    The micro pro's were expensive and not good.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • stretchl
    Options
    Speaking of great sounds at a more-than-reasonable price... have you guys heard about the deals on LSiM-703's around here??? Reliable seller too, from what I hear... ;););)
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    @tonyb

Micropro's go for north of 300 easy, if not 700 unless they are broke. And if they are broke, they could still go for 150-200 lol...

@rooftop59 , thanks will look into that model. He wants to borrow my micropro to see how a good small sub does for him in his room, but I may start a new thread with more info/budget when that happens.
  • tonyb
    Options
    stretchl wrote: »
    Speaking of great sounds at a more-than-reasonable price... have you guys heard about the deals on LSiM-703's around here??? Reliable seller too, from what I hear... ;););)

I heard he clips his toenails on top of those 703's, while watching reruns of MASH. Any truth to that ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    I have 2 micrpro 2k's sitting in the closet. Wouldn't sell them to anybody because they suck and wouldn't want them to tarnish my good name.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • stretchl
    Options

I heard he clips his toenails on top of those 703's, while watching reruns of MASH. Any truth to that ? :)

Maybe I'll just hook 'em all up and forget about it. 11 703's, a 702 and a 705 to go with my two 705's. True "surround" sound. :s
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
  • mlistens03
    Options

Maybe I'll just hook 'em all up and forget about it. 11 703's, a 702 and a 705 to go with my two 705's. True "surround" sound. :s

705 as a center, 703’s as sides, rears, height fronts and height backs. Hook up the last set as a two channel in your bedroom, and keep the spare in case one bites the dust, or sell it. :p
    Pay no attention to the fact that the center will be taller than the TV. :wink:
    I have 2 micrpro 2k's sitting in the closet. Wouldn't sell them to anybody because they suck and wouldn't want them to tarnish my good name.

Really? I thought they were fairly well regarded, at least for their size...
    Oh well. If I had a dollar for everything I thought, I’d be a rich man.
  • erniejade
    Options

But you sold me the sub so that's out for the True Surround LOL

For the 703's, if anyone between IL and MN wants a set, I can help deliver
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Well I will take em for free so you don’t tarnish your name but improve it with the awesome karma lol....

I’ve got a 2k and love it a ton!
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Have you heard/felt it compared to an SVS sub of equal value?