Any doctors in the house... I mean, forum?

Options

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    They did do a blood test, by the way, they pricked my finger and checked it. Not sure why, but they did.

They checked your blood sugar. This does not mean they did "all sorts of blood work" as you claim.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I would suggest on you insisting on having your parents take you to the doctor, that is what insurance is for. For them to deny to do so for whatever reason equals neglect!

You are a minor and they are responsible for your well-being, regardless of the cost, or inconvenience. If you do a face plant at the wrong time or in the wrong place you could end up dead.

I don't care if every member of your family has had this happen, it needs to be checked out by a doctor.

I'm just going to quote this because this is spot on. Thank you Cathy for talking some common sense. Sheesh.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    They did do a blood test, by the way, they pricked my finger and checked it. Not sure why, but they did.

They checked your blood sugar. This does not mean they did "all sorts of blood work" as you claim.

Ok. I didn't know what they were doing at the time. Thanks for clarifying.
  • ken brydson
    Options

Blood work involves multiple viles, not a finger ****...
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

You are correct.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ken brydson
    Options

Of course p r i c k is censored...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I would suggest on you insisting on having your parents take you to the doctor, that is what insurance is for. For them to deny to do so for whatever reason equals neglect!

You are a minor and they are responsible for your well-being, regardless of the cost, or inconvenience. If you do a face plant at the wrong time or in the wrong place you could end up dead.

I don't care if every member of your family has had this happen, it needs to be checked out by a doctor.

I plan on it. But, if worse comes to worse, and we don't go, I'll be fine.

No, you and your parents HOPE you will be fine. Unless you can see into the future none of you know what will happen.

All it takes is 1 time for something to turn into a catastrophe. Tell one of your teachers what's going on, or a school nurse. Tell SOMEONE other than your parents that can help you if they are not willing to be responsible parents.

Your life is more important than their wallets.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Clipdat
    Options
    No, you and your parents HOPE you will be fine. Unless you can see into the future none of you know what will happen.

All it takes is 1 time for something to turn into a catastrophe. Tell one of your teachers what's going on, or a school nurse. Tell SOMEONE other than your parents that can help you if they are not willing to be responsible parents.

Seriously, what's the worst that could happen by going? You'll be out the $20-30 copay and be hopefully given a clean bill of health? I'm really not seeing any downside to going.

You realize we're telling you to go to the doctor because we care about you and your well being, right? And we're random people you've never met on an internet forum.

Meanwhile, it's mind boggling to me that your parents haven't already scheduled an appointment. They of all people should be even more concerned than we are!

Is this a freaking episode of the Twilight Zone or what?!?
  • ken brydson
    Options
    So you are supposedly 15. What happens when you start driving? Blackout then not an issue? I raised 4 kids. If any of them weren't feeling right to the Dr we go. I didn't go to medical school and WebMD or gut feel is no substitute...
  • mlistens03
    Options

I didn’t know that.

I know this, they know this, you guys know that. It’s the time that I think is the issue.
    Also, I mentioned before that after drinking lots of water today, it’s been almost nonexistent. I’ve been sitting for about an hour now, just stood up as fast as I possibly could, nothing.

Seriously, what's the worst that could happen by going? You'll be out the $20-30 copay and be hopefully given a clean bill of health? I'm really not seeing any downside to going.

You realize we're telling you to go to the doctor because we care about you and your well being, right? And we're random people you've never met on an internet forum.

Meanwhile, it's mind boggling to me that your parents haven't already scheduled an appointment. They of all people should be even more concerned than we are!

Is this a freaking episode of the Twilight Zone or what?!?

I know you guys care, and I want to go, but, according to our discussion this morning, I’m probably OK. I’m going to bring it up again, and I think they will say yes.
  • krazypolk
    Options

I would rather not eat than have my kids need medical care.
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So you are supposedly 15. What happens when you start driving? Blackout then not an issue? I raised 4 kids. If any of them weren't feeling right to the Dr we go. I didn't go to medical school and WebMD or gut feel is no substitute...

It only happens when I stand up, I don’t think I’ll be driving and the next stand up.
    Like I said, I’m going to pursue the issue, and see what they say.
    In fact, I’ll go right now.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Kids. :smile: Love ya Micah, but you're getting pretty good advice here!

Lots of Mommies and Daddies on this forum!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    My dad is going to schedule an appointment next week. He was tired earlier when I asked, and now thought again and decided to go through with it. I’ll update as things progress.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    Options
    Same reason why you don't go to the bar at 2am... Nothing good comes from it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My dad is going to schedule an appointment next week. He was tired earlier when I asked, and now thought again and decided to go through with it. I’ll update as things progress.

It's only Monday and you have to wait until next week? This strikes a nerve as I've had this issue. I'm out....
  • mlistens03
    Options

I'm out...

What? Why?
    He had just woken up, and he doesn’t even remember me asking. Just now I said, “hey dad, this is something that’s been happening, can we go to the doctor to check it out?” And he said yes.
    Once again, I ask, what reason is there for tricking you?
    VR3 wrote: »
    Same reason why you don't go to the bar at 2am... Nothing good comes from it

Good point, I’ll remember this for the future.
  • VR3
    Options
    That was like 4 sentences... Come on man
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    That was like 4 sentences... Come on man

Oh dagnabbit... missed that one.
    3 sentences per person I’m replying to perhaps?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    It's only Monday and you have to wait until next week? This strikes a nerve as I've had this issue. I'm out....

Agreed. What's the point of waiting?
  • VR3
    Options
    If you have to type more than 3 sentences, put it in a word document and ask your dad to read it. If he doesn't smack you then it's OK.

Whats happening is you are back pedaling, making excuses and looking like a fool.
  • mlistens03
    Options

I wasn’t given a date... he just said I’ll make an appointment, and I guessed it would be next week sometime. He is making an appointment now, I don’t know when we’ll go.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    Damn guys, ease up on the "crappy parents" bit here. You make Micah's parents sound like deadbeats. Running to the doctor for every little thing is part of why insurance expenses and judgments are stupid for everyone. No one here knows what kind of healthcare benefits his family has. Fine to encourage it, but the talk of child neglect is a bit of a stretch.

If he was passing out every time he gets up I'd say yeah, get checked out. If it's an every once in a while thing after he's been laying around for an extended period, it's not that unusual. I'm not a doctor, but come on, a little common sense. He's a teenager. Weird stuff happens to bodies during those years, especially if you hit 5'-11 by 15? Boy, what're they feedin' you anyway?

I've personally had similar happen off and on since my early 20s. Every time it's been after I've gotten up after lazing around. The very first time, I blacked out a little. Or whited out. Maybe it was gray. Can't remember which. Probably hit my head on the toilet.

You guys are a buncha friggin' panic merchants.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    If you have to type more than 3 sentences, put it in a word document and ask your dad to read it. If he doesn't smack you then it's OK.

Whats happening is you are back pedaling, making excuses and looking like a fool.

I see. I’ll remember this in the future.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Maybe it was gray.

?

1415961816405_wps_10_FIFTY_SHADES_OF_GREY_INTE.jpg?itok=KU9i11iS
  • krazypolk
    Options

That everyone will get off my back by then.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »

That everyone will get off my back by then.

No, I took a guess at when we would get there, I guessed wrong.
    We are going Thursday.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    Please, someone make it stop!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• krazypolk
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Please, someone make it stop!

Dr Feelgood, paging Dr Feelgood.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    PFB
    Sal Palooza