Sound off like you got a pair(of AB800’s)

:D:pB)

Been looking for 5 years now for another pair of these in-wall speakers. If you have a set needing a new home, or know of some, let me know.

Thanks!
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    still looking...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Still searching... I know they don’t grow on trees, but somebody must have a pair.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Still searching... I know they don’t grow on trees, but somebody must have a pair.

You lost yours when you moved to Cali'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    bfbmra92u9pj.gif

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    https://tulsa.craigslist.org/ele/d/4-polk-audio-in-wall-home/6705694337.html

States they are 805's not sure if that's what you are looking for.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • I've been keeping my eyes open for AB800's for a year now and haven't seen any on Ebay or CL. If i do see some i'll let you know. I'm currently using some AB700's I got from Art and I was able to find a pair of brand spanking new ones still in the box as well.
  • nooshinjohn
    Still looking for a pair of these... anyone?

• I've been keeping an eye open for you. I searched CL and eBay yesterday. I haven't even seen any 700's lately but I promise I'll let you know if i come across a pair.
  • John. There are several pairs of AB805's on ebay today. Not 800's but as close as I've seen so far...
  • Hi John. I didn't know how else to let you know that I did find and purchase some AB800's for you if you're still interested, so I registered again. LMK. Thanks.
  • nooshinjohn
    PM sent...

• nooshinjohn
    edited December 2019
    So I finally found a set of these in decent shape on EBay. So excited to get these until the showed up at the door... dumped inside a used Amazon single use box and nothing but popcorn the box was nearly crushed. I can probably restore them, but it won’t be easy.

2imgyouf09o1.jpg
    sqzhm33g8eov.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    Two MW6512’s are also frozen. These have a unique basket structure for in wall use and are not replaceable.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Well that sucks man. I have had mostly good luck over the years through ebay (and of course you will get a full refund including shipping or that no problem so it won't cost you anything), but every once in a while you get a dud. Years ago I found a smoking deal on a RTi 5.0 set of bookies for like $250 (the RTi6s alone were going for that at the time) and bought em. He shipped the five speakers in two boxes with some wadded up newspaper...and nothing else. Yea, they were dinged up and one tweeter was blown. Luckily got the partial refund for the tweeter and used them for a while.

I guess the quest continues?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Oh, for Gods sake. How difficult can it be to package something decently? It only takes minutes.
  • nooshinjohn
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Well that sucks man. I have had mostly good luck over the years through ebay (and of course you will get a full refund including shipping or that no problem so it won't cost you anything), but every once in a while you get a dud. Years ago I found a smoking deal on a RTi 5.0 set of bookies for like $250 (the RTi6s alone were going for that at the time) and bought em. He shipped the five speakers in two boxes with some wadded up newspaper...and nothing else. Yea, they were dinged up and one tweeter was blown. Luckily got the partial refund for the tweeter and used them for a while.

It has only been a 5 year quest... I may be able to restore the frames and grills, but the MW6512's will be a pain. I have them in my AB700's these will replace, and will likely use them, but I wanted to use the 4 AB700's that I have as ATMOS speakers.

• rooftop59 wrote: »

It has only been a 5 year quest... I may be able to restore the frames and grills, but the MW6512's will be a pain. I have them in my AB700's these will replace, and will likely use them, but I wanted to use the 4 AB700's that I have as ATMOS speakers.

How many drivers do you need? I have spares.
  • nooshinjohn
    two 6512's. They need to have that special flange so they fit into the frames.

• ok. I'll see if they're the same as the 800 series frames and will let you know.
  • nooshinjohn
    PM sent...

• nooshinjohn
    Thanks to Dane, these will live again. I will start another thread to showcase their restoration.

• nooshinjohn
    An update... it appears that Dane is gone with the wind. I know he was under no obligation to send me something for nothing, but I am beginning to suspect he may actually have been the seller all along, and used the prospect of having replacement drivers to convince me to not return them.

The AB800’s were fully restored and work perfectly, so no issues there, but I am now out a set of the 700’s. I think he used my looking for a pair to hit me up about his own EBay listing, then after I jumped on them, he used his membership to smooth things over, and then bailed after the dust settled, leaving me holding the bag and a set of worthless speakers.

I hope I am wrong, but if I am right, this would be a new low in scumbaggery.

• That is a complicated conspiracy theory if true.

Good luck with the quest.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2020
    Ahh stop being so paranoid John. If they are working just let the good tunes roll brother. :)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member