Drove a Z06 on a road course today

Hello all,
My wife purchased me a Drivers experience at the Pocono Raceway park in PA. We drove up there with my Son. They had 6 killer cars to drive on the road course. I got to drive the Corvette Z06 which is a beast. You drive with a road course instructor for 4 laps. The first lap you learn about the course. The next lap you push it a bit harder, 3rd lap it's all out and the 4th is a car cool down moderate pushing the car.
It was so much fun but the funny thing about this is the instructor made many comments on my driving skills. The one that stuck out the most was when he said" your one of those 1/4 mile racers aren't you?". I laughed and said" how did you guess that?". He said " your all or nothing on the throttle you cut out throttle in turns and S turns then Full throttle out of the gate and down the stretch like a bat out of hell". LOL He was trying to teach me the art of throttle using some here and there and then rolling the gas when you come out of a turn and into a straight away. NAH I like full throttle aut of the turn and if the back end gets squarely I'll back off as needed. The tires on the Z06 where Street Slicks and stuck al over that track and I pushed it pretty hard as he would allow me. I scared him a few times as I can be very aggressive. I use to have a BMW years ago that I would love to go into on or off ramps like a bat out of hell or a killer back road and damn near on 2 wheels. I drove that Z06 not to it's limits but to my instructors LOL.
It was really fun.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    i4s3779upc0a.jpg
    Dan
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice! I had a chance to drive the Z06 as my company car for a short while. Traction control off that thing is down right scary awesome! Glad you liked it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    verb wrote: »
    Nice! I had a chance to drive the Z06 as my company car for a short while. Traction control off that thing is down right scary awesome! Glad you liked it! :smile:
    I want to get a sports car/ Muscle car one day as I'm totally 100% back into Cars. Never really fell away but haven't owned anything fun to drive since my 87 Buick GN and my BMW until now I got a 2017 Durango R/T with a Hemi. I'd really like to get a Dodge Chellenger SRT or Charger but after driving the Vette I'm now thinking maybe I should look into something that also handles extremely well like a Vette or Camaro etc.
    Driving my Uncles BMW 540i is a ton of fun and on back roads it's flat out amazing. The Vette is a totally different kinda beast and having 650 HP underneath your foot is blood pumping to say the least.
    A customer of mine gave me a ride in his Ford GT and man that thing is scary fast. He only has 4000 miles on it as it stays in the garage unless it's nice out and he wants to have some fun. What a killer car that thing is.ecjzqqzd7444.jpg

Dan
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice man cave there!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Awesome! Sounds like a fun day!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited September 2018
    Congrats, that would be a lot of fun to drive a Z06 on the track.

sg7sqcywi7ud.jpg

I used to do track days about 8 years ago but had to stop because the g forces of my helmet were causing issues with my neck. I've had 3 neck operations. I now do Sim racing on line at iRacing.com since I can't do anymore track days. I have raced against some professional drivers there (iRacing) including a former F1 driver.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Milito wrote: »
    I have raced against some professional drivers there (iRacing) including a former F1 driver.

Did you win against said F1 driver??
    Inquiring minds want to know...
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited September 2018
    Rubens Barrichello got 3rd and I got 4th, but it was a close race. His son now races at iRacing.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Love the Ford GT! Absolutely stunning.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    mantis wrote: »
    i4s3779upc0a.jpg

Fun day. I thought all Z06's were hard tops? Guess the latest gen is not.
  • Nice!! That Zo6 is a monster.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Good deal, now do the same thing in a car with 1/5th the power of the Vette and turn faster lap times... >:) I should be doing something similar in February at a private event in AZ.