Been gone a long time, but need help!

Hello all, it has been a number of years since I have posted on the forum.
I am going to have to spend some time finding out who is still around from the old days and how everyone is doing.

I just move and the 1.2TL’s survived the move, but 2 of my SL3000 tweeters did not. I don’t have the money right now to order all new tweeters. Does anyone have 2 SL3000 tweeters to sell?

Thanks,
Jeff Hogan

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Clipdat wrote: »

Those are RDO-198s.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Ah, my mistake. The auction description tricked me.
  • rooftop59
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ah, my mistake. The auction description tricked me.

I agree it was confusing.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Looking at the schematics all 4 tweeters are in the "normal" (not SDA) signal path but they all have slightly different crossover points. If you are unable to find 2 SL3000 tweeters I would be temped to substitute a pair of RDO198s.

Just make sure you replace the same right left pair on each speaker with the RDOs. Dont just put the rdos anywhere. I guarantee you will not hear a difference.

One of the tweeter pairs had a rather high ohm resistor in its path. This will give the standard crossover point but with reduced volume. If you think you can pick the 2 RDOs out of the 8 try them in that position.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Picking out the RD0198 verses the SL3000 is easy peazy. If one can't hear the difference you could be very happy with a Bose Wave radio.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    @warlocks1, I just moved back to the US (my 1.2tl's survived from Germany) and have household goods that were in storage. The storarge shipment is in-transit from Maryland and should be delivered by 1 Oct. I have a stash of 3000's and can help. Would be able to ship around 1st week of Oct, if not earlier. Let's say $40 shipped CONUS for the pair? No problem if you find something else in the meantime.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    Awesome. Thanks.

• JayCee
    edited September 2018
    I'll let you know when they arrive. Give me a nudge if you haven't heard anything after the 5th. :-)
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • rooftop59
    Nice offer @JayCee! Welcome back!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • warlocks1
    Thanks.
    I see Jesse is still hear so at least I know someone
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    warlocks1 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I see Jesse is still hear so at least I know someone

My name is Micah, nice to meet you.
    Now you know someone else. ;):)
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    F1 for the reality check lol. Avoid any audio product that rhymes with blows.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • warlocks1
    Thanks Micah!

Jesse tells it like he sees it. Always has, always will
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Welcome back @warlocks1 !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Hi Jeff, welcome back. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JayCee
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Nice offer @JayCee! Welcome back!

Thanks and thanks! :smile:

@warlocks1, just received word the moving company will deliver, Thursday. Hope to locate the box with the tweeters this weekend.