WAV file converter/editor

Hey guys
need a little help. Looking for a free or cost effective software to edit WAV file.

I have WAV file messages that will be used for the receiving doors at Buc-ee's when a delivery driver rings the door bell. Buc-ee's has 2 receiving doors. I install their sound system, and have the device that integrates into their 70v back ground system.

I need to edit the message (wav) file to download into the message system. The WAV files current message is "(ding) Delivery at the main warehouse"
Current message to short

I want to edit the message to a longer version and repeat the message twice in the wav file

"(ding) Delivery at the main warehouse, (ding) Delivery at the main warehouse"

2nd issue is the wav file needs to be converted from stereo 16/44 stereo to a 16/44 mono for compatibility

Any suggestions....thanks

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Audacity should be able to handle this.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    +1 to Audacity. Pretty neat little program.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Id change the voice while your at it.

Something sexy...
    "Mmmmm, dang someones pushing my button again in the "main warehouse"....

The voice is female

Message is now
    Someone is banging on the back door
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    On topic - I second Audacity. A little user hostile (well, a tad intimidating) but very capable and free... reasonable avenues of support/help on-line, too.

Heck I use it, and I am at the Australopithecus level when it comes to digital things.

Less on topic, I like Someone's banging at the door! (could you get MIke Tyson to voice it?).

Failing that, howzabout a snippet from one of Sir Paul's ahem finest hours?

https://youtu.be/rXdIyS85emM
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    What do you call a dog with Wings? Linda.

vii21z5y0hk2.jpg
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    another vote for Audacity.
    A wee bit user unfriendly, but it's an extremely capable program.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Thanks for reminding me about Audacity

I actually thought it was user friendly program. I was able to quickly copy paste, sew in, edit and trim

Was able to clean up hiss

Worked very well

TY again

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I first learned about Audacity when I was messing with an Audio-Technica LP-120 for a little while back in 2014. They included it (didn't know it was free to download at first) with the turntable, since one of the features they sold was the USB connectivity for being able to digitize records.

I've used it for a few other things, too. One time, I set up a laptop with RCA to 3.5mm cable into the Line-in on the laptop to record from a phono preamp to be able to send a seller a recording of a damaged track on a rare record I picked up on Discogs. Takes a little patience, perseverance, and, dare I say, reading, to find your way around, but once you do, it's fun to use.
    I disabled signatures.