Monster HT build still going

Haven't been here in a while. It's nice to see a lot of the same people here. Here's a little update on this beast of a HT build.
I added a Sony VPL-HW55ES projector and a 110" Stewart Firehawk Filmscreen .
Got two sets of the Kinergetics SW800 5 stack sub towers and just picked up a pair of the Kinergetics SW800 mini stacks that consist of 3 subs in each tower and were only made in 97' and are very rare I've been told. I'll add pics of them when they get here. 28 10" subs (including the 2 powered 10's in the Boston VR-975 towers) and 2 powered 12's. Not to mention the butt load of Boston VR speakers filling the room with unbelievable sound. I only have one pair of the sub towers running right now through a Behringer DCX2496 crossover because the Kinergetics SW800C crossover just wasn't doing these subs justice. This system has got to decimate all!! This is the biggest system I've personally ever seen. I'm in the market for one more B&K Reference 200.7 amp so I can connect the rest of my Kinergetics subs.This is the only amp I'm interested in as all the rest of my amps are B&K Reference. 8cphwvah2wo6.jpg
ex2igfgtvezt.jpg
o67fkaz6s4i7.jpg
fggda9tjqjuw.jpg
h53t8y6l7oy6.jpg

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    :o that looks SWEET!
    @BassFreak101 would love this...
    Do you have the "thunder" when you turn your system on?? :)
  • And I still have 16 10's to connect when I find my last amp.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    And I still have 16 10's to connect when I find my last amp.

Holy Toledo Batman! Seems like it’s getting to overkill, even for Jace (bassfreak101). 280 inches of subwoofer if you line them all up. Wow.
    So, you like bass? ;)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    That's the cutest Monster I've ever seen! ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Looks real nice.

I have the same projector and It is working great and does a great job projecting an image
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Projectors for HT are the best. Zero eye strain/fatigue. I love them.
  • Looks really really good man! I like the lots of little subs, makes placement a bit easier than a couple really large subs lol...

I thought my 12, 12's was gonna be lots, but you got me beat and then some....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BassFreak101
    BassFreak101 Posts: 67
    edited September 2018
    This such a great idea! I LOVE BASS!! (I still care about highs,mids etc)
    You can never have too many subs :D
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
    Random cables
    Bic f12
    Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
    Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier
  • Keep up the great work!!!
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
    Random cables
    Bic f12
    Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
    Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier
  • I need to do dedicated power for all my equipment. Any suggestions? Everything is currently running off of two 15amp outlets.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2018
    I need to do dedicated power for all my equipment. Any suggestions? Everything is currently running off of two 15amp outlets.

As to how many?

I'd do one just for sources/PJ/TV, another per amp if you can do it.............. so in your case, maybe 4 lol.....

20 amps as well if you can......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2018
    .... (including the 2 powered 10's in the Boston VR-975 towers) and 2 powered 12's. Not to mention the butt load of Boston VR speakers filling the room with unbelievable sound.
    Its pretty cool to see someone building a current theater using the Boston VR speakers. I've always wanted to try them back in the day as I was a HUGE Boston car audio fan. Well, I had to start all over again with my TV system, prices are now cheap, so I now have sets of VR965, VR960, VR920 speakers in my room. I was just looking at picking up a set of VR970's but they are in bad shape (surrounds, socks( and I don't need a project speaker now.

Still, I thought the VR965's sounded good. However, when I ran them CD direct via toslink to my Anthem MRX 300 AVR in 2 ch it was pure enjoyment! I plan to keep these for a bit... plus I'm poor right now. If I has a couple of grand burning a hole, there's some KEF Reference, or XQ40 (mahogany finish!) stuff on CL that I would snag if I could...the Boston stuff would go Bye bye.

Anyway, another item I would snag if I could (Maybe you are interested in this as you stated that you are looking for one.) There's a B&K REF 200.7 S2 on my local CL. Man oh Man do I want this. The guy is in NW Indiana (were I live!) as well. Let me know if you are interested in the item. I'd be willing to help any way that I can. https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ele/d/bk-2007-s2/6693140332.html
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Wow the reference 200.7 is only $1!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    He's actually trying to get $1000 for it.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Definitely interested. I'm already trying to work a deal with him. Thanks a bunch for hooking this up. Hope we can strike a deal. The shipping is gonna be upwards of $150 or more to Tucson Az.
  • On the dedicated power topic, I've been talking to a guy in Phoenix about dedicated power. I told him I have 2 spots left in my electrical panel and I could do 2 double breakers for a total of four separate circuits. I was definitely thinking 4 20amp circuits with 12-2 romex wire. He suggested a dedicated earth ground for these new circuits as the current house ground rod would do no justice for the dedicated circuits. Does this sound about right to anyone?
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited September 2018
    So Schatzi. How many channels of B&K power do you have? I gather you’re looking to add 7 (X 200WPC) more. I greatly favor your plenty of power through multiple channels approach.

Also how much space are you pressurizing w/all that power & speakers?

What class of system defines finished for you. For me, right now 5.X* gettin’ it done. Planning & laying the ground work for 7.X** in a bigger, taller dedicated room.
    * each channel, except CC, has dedicated sub plus a system sub
    ** same, w/ 2 system subs

Several dedicated 20A lines are a great idea.

Thanks in advance as I watch from the sidelines, Tony
    Post edited by gp4jesus on
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I need to do dedicated power for all my equipment. Any suggestions? Everything is currently running off of two 15amp outlets.

You should have a dedicated 20 amp line to handle the pre, DVD player, and TV. Then a 20 amp line for each amp. You can run the center and rear amps on the same 20 amp line, but the L/R front amp each need a separate 20 amp line.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • With the last 200.7 I'll have 21 channels. My room is approximately 22x16 with a pitched roof of 12' at the rear of the theater and 14' at the front. Also it's an open floorplan👎. In the pic I'm standing at the edge of my dining room with the kitchen to the left. fgw5lcfqaj2k.jpg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Actually, that is similar in design to my living room, which is where the stereo is. I have found it very agreeable to good sound. I would get rid of the deer head. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I like my elk trophy. He was delicious too.
  • I like my elk trophy. He was delicious too.

Hunting animals is wrong. You need to buy your meat from the store....
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Actually, that is similar in design to my living room, which is where the stereo is. I have found it very agreeable to good sound. I would get rid of the deer head. :)

I think the deer is in the balcony section. But yeah, it's a little distracting.
  • With my last amp I can have 7875 watts of power (375 wpc @ 4ohm x21 channels) but I'm running 8ohn speakers x21 channels for 4200 watts. Is 4 20amp circuits gonna be enough?
  • You keep buying your meat from the store. It's my choice to hunt for mine. It's very clean meat with no poisonous preservatives and steroids like the meat you buy at your grocery store.
  • You keep buying your meat from the store. It's my choice to hunt for mine. It's very clean meat with no poisonous preservatives and steroids like the meat you buy at your grocery store.

It was a freaking joke...