Carver Amazing Loudspeakers..

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
I think the Polk 1.2’s want them out of their way.. LOL!!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/carver-amazing-loudspeakers/6691032466.html

294pabrdkp3v.png

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Should be 4 woofers......foam is likely rotted anyway.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Wish they were closer...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Wish they were closer...

Hop skip and a jump pal you're there..
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    edited September 2018
    Only one person that I know of that works on the ribbins. Needs a solid amp that can dip to 1 ohm as well. When i had mine, it shut down a few amps until i got ones that could handle that kind of load.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I traveled from NC to the panhandle of Florida for a pair of these....

They lasted a week, TBT.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    erniejade wrote: »
    Only one person that I know of that works on the ribbins. Needs a solid amp that can dip to 1 ohm as well. When i had mine, it shut down a few amps until i got ones that could handle that kind of load.

One of these should suffice: Sanders Sound Systems ESL Mark II amplifier.
    sliverampfrontangle.jpg

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Looking at a pair of the Amazing Line Source as well, but as you said Jesse, I keep coming back to SDA. Hard to part with that kind of coin for speakers and not hear them in my own space first.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Also heard some out in Rockford at a meet, not impressed honestly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    halo wrote: »
    sliverampfrontangle.jpg

Wow! That's just sick! Lifetime warranty to boot! I know what my upgrade will be...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I have a pair, non-platinums, two blown woofers in the right channel. The motor structure attachment to the back of the flat speaker diaphragm gave up the ghost.

Replacements are expensive and hard to come by but I powered mine with Carver Silver 7t's and while they didn't reach ear bleeding levels, they had no problems powering them to decent SPL. One of the most true to life speakers I've ever heard.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    halo wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »

sliverampfrontangle.jpg

I found myself going back to their room a number of times a RMAF, love their offerings...

• erniejade wrote: »

I know of one or two, there's a guy in NC that started working on them recently, and secured a new ribbon material that was signed off on by Bob himself (and he heard a pair using it at Carverfest). I know of a guy in MI that also works on them, I think using the original materials.

But one reason I'd love to hear a pair, but prob never own.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    https://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/d/carver-platinum-amazing/6658219683.html
    a few hours down the road from me. Deal? Not that I have $1200, of course.