Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

I picked this up today as I heard it was a fun movie and the audio tracks where one of the best out there.
So I sat and watched it and I agree, it was fun and the audio was fantastic. Gotta Love Dolby Vision and DTSX
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Didn't like it myself. Don't read this if you didn't see it yet.

Consider the ending, which led up to the decision of releasing the Dinosaurs into the wild here in America, or watching them die. They chose the Dinosaurs lives over human lives . Well, actually the little girl did, but the other 2 did nothing after she pushed the button to open the gates. They were having a crisis of conscience themselves, decided not to push that button, until the little girl did.

That child relieved them of their crisis of conscience, which is why they just stood and watched after. knowing these Dinosaurs will certainly kill people, breed in the wild, the overriding factor was the lives of the Dino's came first and would now change the landscape of the whole continent.

…..and they were ok with that. Bad message in my book.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Wow that’s a silly ending...

I watched half of the first one, before the real effects kicked in. I was bored out of my mind and turned it off. I just ruptured my ACL so I am laid out and I might finish it, but probably not...I got work to do and there are too many other good movies and shows to watch...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    The story line is getting stale. It's the same movie every time. Man thinks he can control dinosaurs. Dinosaurs get loose. Dinos chase men. Bad men get eaten. Good guys escape. Rise, repeat.
  • tonyb
    DaveHo wrote: »
    The story line is getting stale. It's the same movie every time. Man thinks he can control dinosaurs. Dinosaurs get loose. Dinos chase men. Bad men get eaten. Good guys escape. Rise, repeat.

Kinda reminds ya of the Star wars movies eh. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    DaveHo wrote: »

Kinda reminds ya of the Star wars movies eh. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2018
    The BASS in this movie for the first 15-20 mins was awesome.... Personally I loved it, except for the Brontosaurs part... THAT I HATED

Another good movie with Bass you wouldn't expect was TAG
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Yeah the volcano erupting was intense
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • I will watch it on it's technical merits but don't expect much from Hollyweird.... they need some new ideas and people to find ways to entertain us.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • rooftop59
    edited September 2018
    The BASS in this movie for the first 15-20 mins was awesome.... Personally I loved it, except for the Brontosaurs part... THAT I HATED

Which movie is that? The America gladiators???

Edit: found it. That movie looks terrible?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59 wrote: »

Which movie is that? The America gladiators???

Edit: found it. That movie looks terrible?!?

It was actually pretty funny, just dont look for a deeper meaning in it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Hollyweird.... they need some new ideas and people to find ways to entertain us.

How about a feature film based on the show "Man From Atlantis"? There could be an asteroid heading for Earth and scientists in a space station full of carnivorous aliens try to deflect it into the Bermuda Triangle to kill a giant shark that is threatening Patrick Duffy who is on his honeymoon with Miley Cyrus in a giant Transformer yacht.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Hollyweird.... they need some new ideas and people to find ways to entertain us.

How about a feature film based on the show "Man From Atlantis"? There could be an asteroid heading for Earth and scientists in a space station full of carnivorous aliens try to deflect it into the Bermuda Triangle to kill a giant shark that is threatening Patrick Duffy who is on his honeymoon with Miley Cyrus in a giant Transformer yacht.

Hold on you lost me at the Bermuda Triangle...
    Oh ok, read it again. I see it now. I think. :p
  • tonyb
    Viking64 wrote: »

lmao...

a8u9ouqt2fsy.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I just watched the first one not too long ago, I vacillated between being bored, and wanting a Dino to eat the damn kids! I fail to see what all the fuss is about with this series.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • my copy came in yesterday, I'm sure it will be a weekend time killer. Just debating if I should watch it outside on the 12" screen.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I just watched the first one not too long ago, I vacillated between being bored, and wanting a Dino to eat the damn kids! I fail to see what all the fuss is about with this series.
    I loved the very first movie way back in the day. Since then they have slowly lost some luster. But for audio they are reference quality. This one is simply amazing in DTSX which I think is becoming my favorite new codec.
    I think the idea is to sit down, enjoy the ride and have fun.
    Dan
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    my copy came in yesterday, I'm sure it will be a weekend time killer. Just debating if I should watch it outside on the 12" screen.
    DTSX is what makes this movies so wherever you watch it make sure you have the best possible audio playback.
    Dan
  • rooftop59
    edited September 2018
    mantis wrote: »
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I loved the very first movie way back in the day. Since then they have slowly lost some luster. But for audio they are reference quality. This one is simply amazing in DTSX which I think is becoming my favorite new codec.
    I think the idea is to sit down, enjoy the ride and have fun.

I agree with both of you. I saw the first one in our tiny one screen theater in Jr. high. I had read a lot of his books (almost all I think) and Jurassic Park was one of my favs. Amazing ingenious sci-fi and pretty good plot and characters as well. The movie did NOT disappoint my 13 year old self. Probably mainly due to the Fx and sound being so amazing for the time.

Since then I have not made it through a single sequel. There are FAR too many movies with reference or near reference soundtracks that have at least have a plot, and many are vey good. So I spend my very limited adult movie time on those. But that’s just me..ymmv.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • I have watched it on the big screen and I am not that of a fan. Something is missing I just can't point it out, but the story is there. I am not impressed with the ending wherein dinosaurs will be one with the environment that people live in.
  • mantis wrote: »
    my copy came in yesterday, I'm sure it will be a weekend time killer. Just debating if I should watch it outside on the 12" screen.
    DTSX is what makes this movies so wherever you watch it make sure you have the best possible audio playback.

I have Atmos inside. Outside is the standard 5.2, but due to the space of the backyard and turning the rears slightly toward the back fence gives it huge spacious feel. The twin subs make the ground shake a bit which is a added effect when viewing.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Silly contrived movie that I didn't finish even though I was trapped on an airplane for 15 hours. Thanks for telling the ending so now I have no need to ever revisit it.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette