Settled back into my my rig

Options
rburgess714
rburgess714 Posts: 616
edited September 2018 in The Clubhouse
I have read on various post that in this hobby there isn't always a lot of aha moments but more a progression or evolution as you add/replace components, cables, ICs and make tweaks. I have been fortunate enough to have a few of these moments in my short journey. You never know how good it really sounds until you don't have it.

This really sunk in over the course of 6 weeks while I was doing a kitchen remodel. My kitchen opens up into the living room so in effort to spare my gear from dust I boxed it all up. So for six weeks I watched TV and movies listening to my TVs built in speakers. It was horrible, even my son who likes to joke about my "speakers" was missing the rig.

Remodel complete, rig is back in action and all is well. I really did miss it and happy to have quality sound. Oddly enough I am not consumed or obsessed about buying something else but just enjoying what I have.

RB
Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Cool, think I'm done adding for a bit too.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    That’s a great lesson. Sometimes we get lost in the “what’s next” shuffle and don’t just settle into gratitude. I am guilt of it for sure.
    I added a rack and moved some things around but didn’t change anything component-wise and it’s sounds better to me. Probably placebo

On another note, I’m in the kitchen business, let’s see some pics?
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    edited September 2018
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    That’s a great lesson. Sometimes we get lost in the “what’s next” shuffle and don’t just settle into gratitude. I am guilt of it for sure.
    I added a rack and moved some things around but didn’t change anything component-wise and it’s sounds better to me. Probably placebo

On another note, I’m in the kitchen business, let’s see some pics?

Don’t get me wrong I am on the flea market and cl daily but not itching for anything new.

Here ya go. 50 year old house in Huntington Beach.

ftnzu5l9u2mq.jpeg
    0s982eqp0ose.jpeg
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• rburgess714
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    Cool, think I'm done adding for a bit too.

Ya sure🤔. That new Denon should hold you for awhile.
    Living Room

Office

• joecoulson
    Options
    Looks great. Good job.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Looks great. Good job.

Thanks. It was a long process but well overdue.
    Living Room

Office

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    edited September 2018
    Options
    heh -- we stopped watching TV when we had the family room in our old house in MA redone in the early 1990s. The room was 'off line' for about a month. We moved the TV into the living room but didn't turn it on much... and a month sans TV pretty much broke us of the habit of watching it. Still don't turn it on much, 'cept occasionally to watch the news or something 'special'. Don't miss it at all, either.

Kitchen looks nice! Nice to have corner windows :)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Oh yea and the kitchen looks great! We did a bit remodel about 4 years ago and it was absolutely money well spent. With multiple rugrats it made a huge difference to expand and open up the kitchen.

We also went with white cabinets and stainless steel and even a similar looking floor. Went with a lighter granite countertop, but I really like how yours looks!

Our boxer turned 5 this summer. It took quite a bit of negotiation to talk my wife into getting a boxer (boys are outnumbered 4 to 2 and boxers are apparently boy dogs lol). Now Bailey is an incredible dog, loyal, great with the children, and if anyone looks at them the wrong way they better run fast... cause that girl is like usain bolt with fangs lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rburgess714
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Oh yea and the kitchen looks great! We did a bit remodel about 4 years ago and it was absolutely money well spent. With multiple rugrats it made a huge difference to expand and open up the kitchen.

We also went with white cabinets and stainless steel and even a similar looking floor. Went with a lighter granite countertop, but I really like how yours looks!

Our boxer turned 5 this summer. It took quite a bit of negotiation to talk my wife into getting a boxer (boys are outnumbered 4 to 2 and boxers are apparently boy dogs lol). Now Bailey is an incredible dog, loyal, great with the children, and if anyone looks at them the wrong way they better run fast... cause that girl is like usain bolt with fangs lol...

Thank you I am pleased with the outcome. Kane will be 6 in March and is the second boxer I have owned. They have so much personality and are the Peter Pan’s of dogs.
    Living Room

Office

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Kane will be 6 in March and is the second boxer I have owned. They have so much personality and are the Peter Pan’s of dogs.

They can fly??!!

Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE BUNCH OF AUDIO/VIDEO TRAITORS!! >:)
    HOW DARE YOU NOT WANT TO UPGRADE/ REPLACE SOMETHING?!?!?!?!???? :o
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    It's called sitting back and actually LISTENING/WATCHING your system, which is supposed to be the purpose of the system.

Now go take your medication and listen to some tunes :p
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    That looks real good Ray.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • joecoulson
    Options
    What brand of cabinetry and brand of Quartz did you use?
  • rburgess714
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Kane will be 6 in March and is the second boxer I have owned. They have so much personality and are the Peter Pan’s of dogs.

They can fly??!!

Yes it’s amazing 😉
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    That looks real good Ray.

Thanks Loren.
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    Options
    What brand of cabinetry and brand of Quartz did you use?

I don’t know what brand. I used a local design firm that does mostly custom cabinets but this is their “import line” . Seem to be well made. No idea on the quartz brand. I can find out since you’re in the kitchen business and pm you.
    Living Room

Office