Pre Workout

Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• laelle
    laelle Posts: 100
    I know of Mammooth Pump, it’s like Kool Aid stuff, you just put water in it, it’s powder... it tastes like energy drink, has taurine in it, and I don’t know if it’s available at your place though...

Good luck heheh...
  • The original Cellucore C4 is the best there is IMO. Been cycling it for the better part of 8 years. Works well, nothing questionable in the blend.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I thought this thread was about testing pre-amps.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2018
    I used to like C4 but the recipe seems to have changed (weakened). So I’ve been trying other things. Haven’t found a new one I like as much.
  • Idk they tried to change it up a while back with the extreme and sport versions, but look for the “original” and you’re good to go.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Taurine ?? Yeah maybe if your a diabetic, have a heart problem, but why take it as a pre workout supp. ?

The main negative side effect associated with taurine supplementation is negative nitrogen balance. The University of Utah Health Care Center reports that consuming a single amino acid supplement like taurine can offset your natural nitrogen balance. This may lead to a decrease in your metabolic efficiency and a strain on your kidneys.

Negative nitrogen balance....seems to me a workout demands more nitrogen.

Metabolic efficiency...part of the reason one works out to begin with.

Strain on the Kidneys.....well that's not good. Seems to me long term use would have some disadvantages.

Pre amps now, that's a pre workout routine I can get into. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • laelle
    laelle Posts: 100
    tonyb wrote: »
    Taurine ?? Yeah maybe if your a diabetic, have a heart problem, but why take it as a pre workout supp. ?

The main negative side effect associated with taurine supplementation is negative nitrogen balance. The University of Utah Health Care Center reports that consuming a single amino acid supplement like taurine can offset your natural nitrogen balance. This may lead to a decrease in your metabolic efficiency and a strain on your kidneys.

Negative nitrogen balance....seems to me a workout demands more nitrogen.

Metabolic efficiency...part of the reason one works out to begin with.

Strain on the Kidneys.....well that's not good. Seems to me long term use would have some disadvantages.

Pre amps now, that's a pre workout routine I can get into. :)

Ouch... well I trust your sayings, but nowadays, anything and everything is almost cancer, so anyway... I don’t know what to believe!!!

Sugar is bad, salt is bad, sucralose is bad, aspartame is bad, apples are too acid, same for oranges, 3% fat milk is too fat, 2% milk is either too much or not enough...

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I use this stuff...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I use this stuff...
    LOL believe it or not a cup of coffee before a workout isn't much different then taking a Pre workout.
    I also will do this from time to time but not with that brand.
    https://www.peets.com/
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • It’s a quite a bit different in price. But if that works for you then that’s great.
    Try making some hyphy mud, instant coffee in Coca Cola.