Will A Dayton Audio DATS V2....

I have 2 12 inch Infinity IL300GWS drivers inbound for another subwoofer project and wanted to know if the DATS V2 will tell me all the TS Parameters one would need to figure out the best size box to build?

I contacted Harmon and the guy sent some emails to the engineers and they would not release the TS info on the driver. So i guess my only other option is the DATS right?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    If I'm not mistaken the perifials do not support larger drivers, atleast mine don't for full measurements
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    VR3 wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken the perifials do not support larger drivers, atleast mine don't for full measurements

What do you mean by perifials? The hardware?
  • VR3
    Yeah, I have never really used it for drivers but I recall it having some limitations on larger drivers when reading the manual.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • CH46E
    From the Q-A section for the DATS on Parts Express it looks like it will work for subwoofers. I just put the question on Parts Express to see if it will work with 12 and 15 inch drivers. Ill let you know when i get an answer.
  • VR3
    edited September 2018
    I just checked... My information is from when this was a previous version, HT3, and included a scale to help with calculating Vas. The scale was obly suitable for small drivers.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited September 2018
    It is possible to measure T-S parameters the good ol' fashioned way, too, you know? :) Vas is a little tricky, but the "added mass" method will give a reasonable estimate.
    http://sound.whsites.net/tsp.htm
    gxuqefw50g2b.png

A 'signal generator'/'audio oscillator', in 2018, can be a phone app :/

• CH46E
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It is possible to measure T-S parameters the good ol' fashioned way, too, you know? :) Vas is a little tricky, but the "added mass" method will give a reasonable estimate.
    http://sound.whsites.net/tsp.htm
    gxuqefw50g2b.png

A 'signal generator'/'audio oscillator', in 2018, can be a phone app :/

DATS V2 Looks a lot easier! Lol.

Looks like the DATS V2 is capable of larger drivers. I do see you have to add weight for VAS. That is not a problem.

Other than that this would give me all the info needed to calculate a sealed or ported enclosure? Im thinking i may go sealed since i have a ton of power to feed them.
  • CH46E
    VR3 wrote: »
    I just checked... My information is from when this was a previous version, HT3, and included a scale to help with calculating Vas. The scale was obly suitable for small drivers.

We have scales at work that are certified acurate to 100th of a gram. Is that what you are talking about? Just getting an acurate weight for the vas reading right?

Im not sure how high they go but i do know they can weigh 7.48 kilos at once.
  • CH46E
    Subs came in today. Need to get a box done soon. im1q3cvulqnp.jpg
  • CH46E
    edited September 2018
    Btw, the JBL sub in the photo is not hooked up. Just did not like leaving it in a garage here in FL.