Erc-1

So. After this useless machine finally not turning on. Does anyone know someone that can fix it. Or does anyone want to buy it.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited September 2018
    Most likely it will cost ya more to fix it than the units worth. What exactly is wrong with it ? Just the power on problem ? Might be an indication of a bad power supply which, in my view isn't worth fixing.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    I should add, a call to Emotiva may be in order. They might be able to do something for you. Never hurts to ask.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I actually sent emotiva the unit for repair complaining about it emitting high pitch noise and the whole machine would freeze or shut off on its own. They sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I recently asked them how I could get my fav cd out now that it is completely dead which they replied with descriptive directions for removal.
  • I actually sent emotiva the unit for repair complaining about it emitting high pitch noise and the whole machine would freeze or shut off on its own. They sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I recently asked them how I could get my fav cd out now that it is completely dead which they replied with descriptive directions for removal.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I actually sent emotiva the unit for repair complaining about it emitting high pitch noise and the whole machine would freeze or shut off on its own. They sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I recently asked them how I could get my fav cd out now that it is completely dead which they replied with descriptive directions for removal.

Wow that is not the great customer service I have heard about... that’s terrible! Was it still in warranty???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I saw one at an audio shop when emo started selling through dealers. For S&G I put a CD in. I could hear the disc spinning from 3 feet away. I thought, do they really think anyone would buy this!?! I asked the dealer, is that normal? He shrugged, I shook my head.

To the OP, cut your losses and buy a new player such as a Marantz.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    Ron might give ya a sawbuck for it, to use for target practice. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited September 2018
    The only thing Emotiva did that was worthy is their first gen amps (for that price point) and they were/are built solid, after that they were just chasing everything and forgetting the quality/build aspect of things, my opinion of course..
    I would never look at purchasing anything they build today...
    I can see where Adcom did the same thing, how they are still in business is beyond me you never hear about anything they do anymore..
    Like I said, my opinion and observation..
  • Hmmm; knock on wood I've had nothing but good luck with my ERC3 cd player over the past 4 or 5 years I've owned it. Heavy and well built it seems with dead quiet operation. I'd have no qualms about buying another should this one suffer a lightning hit.
  • The problems were intermittent and I rarely used the machine. So I hoped it would clear up. Lol. The warranty had just run out I was told by emotiva. But they offered to still honor it. Maybe this is why it was sent back without repair. This is what I recently got from them when i complained it died with my new fav disc. Hello Ben,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your ERC-1. In order to to help get the disc out of the player, I would recommend first removing the lid...there is a metal top over the CD mechanism in the middle of the unit that has four screws that you will also need to remove. Underneath the metal cover, there are 4 phillip screws that you will need to loosen. Often times that will "relax" the mechanism to release the CD.

Please let us know how this goes for you or if we can help you further.
  • Surprisingly they never said to unplug the machine.