CommandBar Won’t Connect to Amazon for Alexa Activation

Options
myrtledog
myrtledog Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Troubleshooting
Subject says it all...
Brought home a new CommandBar this morning and can’t complete set-up because I can’t connect to Amazon thru the Polk app. Just says “Amazon log-in failed. Try again.”
Can’t even turn off the CommandBar because it keeps telling me I’m not yet connected to Amazon.
It’s getting pretty old pretty fast.
Help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem. Polk will be happy to help, give them a call at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 on Monday and they can fly you through what's going on.
  • myrtledog
    Options
    Customer service Monday - Friday isn’t much of a help as I work for a living...

Been working with this much of the afternoon and the app is buggy as hell. Keeps timing out or pop up error messages...

So far very much NOT impressed with Polk.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    I'll ask a friend, at Polk, to contact you via email, unfortunately he won't be available until Monday.
  • myrtledog
    Options
    Thanks. Very kind of you.
    I finally got thru and was able to link with my Amazon account. Took a good 3 hours of trying again and again. It suddenly just worked...
    Thanks again.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    myrtledog wrote: »
    I finally got thru and was able to link with my Amazon account. Took a good 3 hours of trying again and again. It suddenly just worked...
    Thanks again.

Well you know, women are always fashionably late...including Alexa
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's good news, I'm glad you were able to get connected.
  • mozart021
    mozart021 Posts: 1
    Options
    My Polk Command Bar has lost its connection to my Amazon account. I have gone through the steps of resetting the sound bar and reconnected to the internet. When I attempt to connect to Amazon account in the Polk app, I consistently receive the following error message: “An unexpected error has occurred. If this issue persists, please try restarting the Polk Connect app and/or your Polk Command bar. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact Polk customer support.”
    I followed all of the instructions to restart the app and reset the sound bar. I’ve had the sound bar for three years so I’m not a rookie to the technology. I have called the Polk customer support and received no actual customer support. Guy was rude and said “other than restarting the bar and doing what we’ve done he didn’t know what else to do” so he “escalated” the issue to the app team. I received an email a week later speaking as if the issue has been resolved. It is absolutely not resolved and I continue to get this error message. The bar is connected to the WiFi and it is working, but it simply will not connect to my Amazon account. HELP!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,490
    Options
    I'll forward this to my friend at Polk, he'll contact you via email early this coming week.
  • reganviolin
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    myrtledog wrote: »
    Thanks again.

Well you know, women are always fashionably late...including Alexa

Seriously? Wow
  • reganviolin
    Options
    mozart021 wrote: »
    My Polk Command Bar has lost its connection to my Amazon account. I have gone through the steps of resetting the sound bar and reconnected to the internet. When I attempt to connect to Amazon account in the Polk app, I consistently receive the following error message: “An unexpected error has occurred. If this issue persists, please try restarting the Polk Connect app and/or your Polk Command bar. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact Polk customer support.”
    I followed all of the instructions to restart the app and reset the sound bar. I’ve had the sound bar for three years so I’m not a rookie to the technology. I have called the Polk customer support and received no actual customer support. Guy was rude and said “other than restarting the bar and doing what we’ve done he didn’t know what else to do” so he “escalated” the issue to the app team. I received an email a week later speaking as if the issue has been resolved. It is absolutely not resolved and I continue to get this error message. The bar is connected to the WiFi and it is working, but it simply will not connect to my Amazon account. HELP!

Did you ever receive an answer or anything that worked? I am in the same position and it is SO FRUSTRATING. My bar disconnects all the time, and then it's hours of error messages and multiple resets before it works again. Can't believe there is no fix for this by now.
  • jackiefs
    Options
    Did anyone ever figure out how to solve the issue of Polk not signing into Amazon account?