Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    You have no idea how much I'm kicking myself seeing how much they go for. A few years ago the Bell's and La Scala were going for 700-1200$ and i turned them down when i should have been hoarding them!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Musical Fidelity M2si Integrated $599

Brand new. Your choice of black or silver. Free shipping. MSRP was $999

https://upscaleaudio.com/products/musical-fidelity-m2si-integrated-amplifier?variant=32648996176

If I had any money to spare, I'd buy one just to stash it in my closet.
    M3i_Silver_Front_1024x1024.jpg?v=1523911835
    M3i_Black_Front_1024x1024.jpg?v=1523911835
    M3i_Back_Panel_1024x1024.jpg?v=1523911835

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Clipdat wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I have spent extensive time with both. I don't preach it if I don't practice it.

Thanks for the clarification. I searched your comment history for any mention of Dayens and didn't see anything.

If I posted up the experience I had with every piece of gear I have spent time with, I would have to find a job as a full time reviewer as I wouldn't have time to do my day job. Hell...if I posted up my experiences between my gear and Russ' gear that I currently have in my house, it would be a full time job.

I am curious why my opinion if one versus the other is of such import to you? Did I wrong you in a previous life? I prefer the CJ after spending time with both and I like the idea that the CJ can be improved upon by rolling in different tubes.
    The Dayens on the other hand, you get what you get. And that isn't a bad thing.
    DSkip wrote: »
    Yes, I got that. and I still stand by what I said. There is just some gear out there that has a reputation above and beyond...those names include Pass Labs, D'Agostino, Conrad Johnson, Audio Research...

I didn't say the Ampino Pre was bad, I just think for that price bracket, a used Conrad Johnson tube pre is a much better buy. Not to mention the fun and flexibility of rolling tubes.

Have you actually tried the Ampino Preamp vs the CJ? Or are you just basing this off of the "reputation" of Conrad Johnson?

I have spent extensive time with both. I don't preach it if I don't practice it.

When did you experience the Ampino preamp?

Spent about a week and a half at my buddy Jacek's loft in the old Wazee Wire Works building in Lower downtown Denver in the fall of last year. Jacek has dual citizenship here and in Poland and spends about 40% of his time in Europe.
    I recognized the Dayens brand and asked him about it and where he got it. Apparently, he picked it at a shop in Krakow when he was back in Poland visiting family.
    It was paired with a couple of tube monos I forgot the brand of and a pair of Monitor Audio PL100s in Ebony and some streamer I can't remember.

I will reiterate, I have nothing bad to say about the Dayens, only that I prefer the CJ. Not sure why, as you once said Skip, everyone is getting their panties in a wad here...

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    I have also spent no time with the integrated to be able to give my impressions of it. Well last year at LSAF I believe but I can't say it left any lasting impressions good or bad.

Point is, I listen to music for my own enjoyment. And while I hugely respect those who take the time to give their impressions of their experiences with the open forum, I prefer to share my impressions with a select few. Feel free to ask Russ what I think of the current system in my office. Or ask Skip what my initial impressions are of the Incanto.

If I feel moved enough to type up an in depth review, I will do it but fact is, I don't really like sharing my experiences with this *subjective* hobby because of the insane amount of sniping and petty insults that are bandied about when my impressions don't gel with "yours". It isn't worth the time or effort to share ones own personal experiences when they seem to be some kind of personal affront if they don't exactly line up with someone else's experiences.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    I am curious why my opinion if one versus the other is of such import to you? Did I wrong you in a previous life?

Yikes dude, I think you're reading way too far into my inquiry. As I stated, I'm trying to find more information about the Ampino Preamp because I'm considering purchasing one.

Sorry you had to make a public reply on the "open forum" about your thoughts on a piece of gear! *gasp*. I had tried to ask you about the Dayens preamp via private message, but I am unable to PM you due to you having me on your ignore list.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Any reason we can’t take the man’s word for his experience and just leave it at that? From now on I will take pictures of everything and have them time stamped and notarized....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2018
    JBL LS system.
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/home-theater-system-jbl-ls/6658336862.html

Definitely a set I've always wanted to try in my TV room. Plus, I love the finish.

00606_fyWwfrSbou5_600x450.jpg

1404018-jbl-synthesis-ls60-with-ls-center-channel.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    For the 2k, it's a steal, go grab 'em. Love the finish too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WLDock
    edited September 2018
    Tony, I'm broke as all heck...or I would drive out to Omaha and pick those up. 8 hrs away, stay the night and 8 hrs back.The Mrs Mazda CX-5 gets pretty good MPG. :smile: I've been wanting to check them out for years....and he has the matching sub! I like the look of these Much Much better that the Studio stuff that I've been wanting to try as well.

The Mrs is going back to school and currently not working. I'm hoping she finally finds something full time in 2019 after completing the certification class. Its been six years since we moved to Indiana. Feeling hopeful that some day I'll have some play money. LOL!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    WLDock wrote: »
    Tony, I'm broke as all heck...or I would drive out to Omaha and pick those up. 8 hrs away, stay the night and 8 hrs back.The Mrs Mazda CX-5 gets pretty good MPG. :smile: I've been wanting to check them out for years....and he has the matching sub! I like the look of these Much Much better that the Studio stuff that I've been wanting to try as well.

The Mrs is going back to school and currently not working. I'm hoping she finally finds something full time in 2019 after completing the certification class. Its been six years since we moved to Indiana. Feeling hopeful that some day I'll have some play money. LOL!

Indiana! I'm in Indiana! Where abouts in Indiana?!
  • tonyb
    Uh oh.....don't tell him, you'll have to move again. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WLDock
    edited September 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    HA! :smiley: I'm NW, in Crown Point.

Great review on the LS40 LSCenter, LS120P set: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/jbl-ls40-speaker-system

Just one of a handful of horn speakers that I would like to try. They seem good for dual use systems as well.
    s-l1600.jpg
    Post edited by WLDock on
  • ZLTFUL
    I am curious why my opinion if one versus the other is of such import to you? Did I wrong you in a previous life?

Yikes dude, I think you're reading way too far into my inquiry. As I stated, I'm trying to find more information about the Ampino Preamp because I'm considering purchasing one.

Sorry you had to make a public reply on the "open forum" about your thoughts on a piece of gear! *gasp*. I had tried to ask you about the Dayens preamp via private message, but I am unable to PM you due to you having me on your ignore list.

IF, as you claim, your intention was honorable, then I apologize but too often folkis around here are argumentative simply because they want to be contrarian.
    Which is a big reason I don't really share an experience unless it really blows my proverbial skirt up. Otherwise, I just treat it as part of the process and experience. "You'll never know until you try it for yourself" and all that.
    No wads here. I’m familiar with how the unit sells here in the US and assumed you had confused it with the integrated. The separates are not seen often here.

I personally don’t expect the Dayens to compare to the CJ but I do know the big delta between it and the integrated so I wanted to ensure you weren’t confusing performance with the integrated.

Skip,
    We're good. It was less directed at you. I know you were more curious than anything being that you are the US distro for Dayens. And from a purely business perspective, I would like to know if someone was poaching on my bidness...but I would also like to know of experiences with the equipment I was selling.

In the end, it simply boils down to not enough time.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    WLDock wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    HA! :smiley: I'm NW, in Crown Point.

Great review on the LS40 LSCenter, LS120P set: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/jbl-ls40-speaker-system

Just one of a handful of horn speakers that I would like to try. They seem good for dual use systems as well.
    s-l1600.jpg

You can thank the Everest system for that trickle down. I'd love to hear them.
    I LIKE!!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Interesting concept. Klipsch bookies and Project TT package. One of the speakers has a built in amp.
    a4b5sac5hgrc.png
    gi2m3ezi0fqq.png
    https://www.woot.com/category/electronics?ref=w_gh_el_4
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ZLTFUL
    To clarify, I'm not the distributor but have worked in tandem with them. I assumed the only opportunity you had to hear it was at LSAF and I haven't played them there.

I have no issue with your comments but was confused on when you would have had the opportunity. The distributor doesnt even list this item on their website and I know it isn't a big seller for them because if it.

What was the rest of your friends system?

This is from my post above...
    Spent about a week and a half at my buddy Jacek's loft in the old Wazee Wire Works building in Lower downtown Denver in the fall of last year. Jacek has dual citizenship here and in Poland and spends about 40% of his time in Europe.
    I recognized the Dayens brand and asked him about it and where he got it. Apparently, he picked it at a shop in Krakow when he was back in Poland visiting family.
    It was paired with a couple of tube monos I forgot the brand of and a pair of Monitor Audio PL100s in Ebony and some streamer I can't remember.

The streamer was something European...that's all I remember about it. And the amps looked like any other EL34 based ~100wpc I have ever seen...
    I would ask Jacek but he is virtually unreachable when he is in Europe as he spends most of his time there travelling. When he is in Denver, he spends his time doing snacks and lawyerin'.

• verb
    edited September 2018
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb wrote: »

No offense but I'm not a big fan of that look.
  • verb
    They do come with a cloth surround from what I have seen.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’ve seen the AG speakers come up twice from different sellers in the past couple months. They must be more looks than sound otherwise why would so many be on CL?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    I have heard the Gallo sound good but i have also heard it has an external bass amp that i do not see listed in that sale. From my understanding, the bass amp isn't necessary but, it doesn't sound right without it

I am just going off of what i have read or talked to folks about that speaker
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/d/parasound-hca-800ii/6639703563.html
    This seems like a steal for a Parasound HCA-800 mark II...
    Any of you guys think this would stand a chance against the LSi’s, or should aim for better?
    Planning ahead here, not getting an amplifier just yet. :)
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    The Lsi line would work with an amp like that, they just won’t sound their best. But for $110 the options are slim anyway. Depends on what your goals are really.
  • tonyb
    A tad light in the loafers for LSI's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    The Lsi line would work with an amp like that, they just won’t sound their best. But for $110 the options are slim anyway. Depends on what your goals are really.

$110 is not my limit for sure. I just saw that for pretty cheap, and thought it may work.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    I have no idea about this pricing, good, bad or other. Polk Cherry Monitor 50 Series II, no affiliation:

https://chambana.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-cherry-monitor-50-series/6679096973.html
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    stretchl wrote: »
    I have no idea about this pricing, good, bad or other. Polk Cherry Monitor 50 Series II, no affiliation:

https://chambana.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-cherry-monitor-50-series/6679096973.html

That a high price for my area. You can get RTiA 8s for the same moneys 'round here.
  • tonyb
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/polk-audio-lsi15-floor/6690955264.html

Great deal here kids, lsi 15's for 300 bones....in cherry yet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    I've always kind of wished I'd held onto my 15's just so I could switch them out with the 705's for kicks once in a while... :(
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto