Ran The Durango R/T at the Track.

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited September 2018 in The Clubhouse
Hello race fans,
My Son and I went to Taco Raceway Park to test out out factory stock vehicles to see what they really run in the 1/4 mile.
We picked a horrible day to go which was Tuesday and it was 94 degrees outside with very high humidity.
The first run for both of us was sketchy at best as I launched like crap at 1000 RPM's as I was paying more attention to my Son who lined up with me then watching the Tree LOL.
I have a 2017 Dodge Durango R/T all stock except a drop in K&N air filter.
My second run the temperature got out of the 90's and dropped into the high 80's so it felt slightly less sticky and crappy. I ran a bit better and so did my son but we both just agreed it was to hot out and our vehicles would run better in cooler weather.
My Son was disappointed that he could not get out of the 15's but I told him Turbo Cars don't make good power in hot days. My Grand national always ran slower when I went to the track above 80 degrees. I ran 11.66 with it in cooler weather and as slow as 12.01 when it was hotter.
I stayed in the high to mid 14's which is right into spec but I think I could go maybe .1 or .2 better and 95 to 96 mph in cooler weather.
Here is our time slips My Truck was number 145 and my Son's Audi A4 was number 146.
jp232v2z4wvn.jpg
3s3f7zbsbvta.jpg
kuqhaammv0co.jpg
g6pduwwtrjsx.jpg
memj35372swx.jpg
u7l0t9a091ul.jpg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Cool man. That’s a lot of fun!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s awesome you get to do that w your son. Very cool.
    Would love to run mine someday
    pyhc3vcvw6q3.jpeg
  • mantis
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Ha! Beat the kid both times on the light. Make sure to rub it in.
    The First race was much closer off the line but the 2nd run I left him at the tree LOL. The old man has quicker reaction time, I rubbed it in LOL. He's gonna get me next time and run better. it was his very first time at the track racing. This is the 3rd vehicle I ran there.

Dan
  • mantis
    joecoulson wrote: »
    That’s awesome you get to do that w your son. Very cool.
    Would love to run mine someday
    pyhc3vcvw6q3.jpeg

That's really nice, Don't wait man just do it. It's a ton of fun.
    Dan
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I don't know where Taco Raceway Park is but your pictures sure look a hell of a lot like Atco Dragway in Atco, NJ.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mantis
    That was a Auto Correct thing.
    Dan
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Lol. Taco raceway
  • mantis
    Yeah well sometimes you need to eat before you make a pass LOL
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2018
    mantis wrote: »
    Yeah well sometimes you need to eat before you make a pass LOL

And after tacos, sometimes you have a little extra gas to get you down the track...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson