LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2018
    Options
    "DSkip wrote: »
    ..... He is definitely polarizing, but polarizing usually just means that its hard for one side to truly understand the other.
    Great words, all of what you've said is received.

We just need to support each other and each others causes. Lets teach our kids to be better than we are and love everyone. Some of our issues are just so old and tired given our more diverse 2018 version of America. We need more of this:

dallas-police-aftermath.jpgMan, can both sides use a hug right now. Both need to know that they have each others back!

Here's a great piece on the issue and thoughts on why all should come together:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-police-shootings-how-people-of-different-races-can-move-forward-together/

Some have said that this forum is not the place for this discussion. However, so far no one has flamed anyone. So, maybe this is a great place to voice ones thoughts and opinions. If just one exchange of speaking and listening takes place then it is worth it and a great example of audio heads having a civil clubhouse off topic discussion. Maybe I've said too much? However, I receive and respect everyone's comments.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You can bet one thing, Nike has evaluated this move over and over. They calculated there is more upside to this in monetary value than down.

The American way...….. money, money, money.

Besides, I bet most you guys wear Keds.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    TonyB NAILED it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'd be impressed if Nike started an off-season campaign, with Kaepernick as spokesperson and leading activist, called "Just DON'T Do It".
    Take that campaign into Chicago for 3 months.
    Attract small businesses back into the areas that have been abandoned so that the unemployed can learn the benefits and rewards of working.
    Kneeling players, instead of just kneeling, can become true activists by putting a portion of their salaries as guarantees for small business loans for courageous entrepeneurs who are willing to go into Fort Apache. In conjunction WITH financial backing of the NFL and their sponsors.

Put up or shut up, IMO.
    Taking a knee isn't courageous, IMO; far from it.
    It falls into the category of "It's the least I can do". All sizzle and no steak.

Sal Palooza
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    zuul: Sorry, man, but you're looking to be offended.

It's OBVIOUS you're not welcome here? It's not obvious to me. Is WLDock not welcome here either? I hope not because I feel that he is making some great points and having a needed discussion. (Also, I feel as though he is one of the better members here. Always enjoy his posts in general.)

No, the photo isn't racist. It's a dog with a big afro...the same hairdo that Kaepernick has.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    If facts offend you, then you're probably better off in an alternate reality.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    "tonyb wrote: »
    Now you've opened the gates...

8s4dkwh5fly0.gif
    Its shouldn't be about that, It really should be about open discussion. The flame wars I see on the net really disappoint me. Lets talk about our differences!

If I were an NFL player I would be majorly conflicted about kneeling with the guy. However, I'm black and born and raised in Detroit. I've seen some things in my 52 years on this Earth. Good and bad! I've had people that don't look like me treat me like dirt and other treat me like I was family. Still, its no secret that blacks are getting killed at a rate of 5-9 times higher than whites. There are SO many reasons for this and ALL have to be accountable. The discussion cannot die!

Sure we can discuss it, but most can't without getting into the gutter.

Want to have a civil discussion ? Let's rock it then.

1- blacks are not getting killed at a higher rate than whites. More whites are shot by cops than blacks in this country. Do you see whites protesting ? No...know why ? Because the majority of the people, white or black, ….DESERVE to be shot. They were most likely committing a crime, running from the police, or failed to listen to instructions from the police that put their life in jeopardy.

That's not excusing those incidents that have some validity to them of wrong doing by police. That fraction is small in comparison and doesn't deserve to be painted as a huge problem. Doesn't matter what the topic is, jerks exist in every walk of life, even in the police force. However, most these SJW types take an isolated incident, and blow it up to make it seem like it's a systemic problem, inherit to our police, Ice agents, or culture in general.

As a percentage of the population, blacks make up less than 20%, roughly....but account for nearly 75% of the prison population. Can one assume they are simply committing more crimes , or is it easier to say they are being targeted more, unfairly of course. Some see it as it being they are unfairly targeted. Most don't however.

Can one possibly lay blame on the criminal aspect to culture within the black community that nobody wants to address ? Such as the majority of households being single mother, fatherless, gangs ? Kaepernick and a host of others want to lay blame at the feet of whites, America as a country, without looking at any personal responsibility. Nobody will deny our racist past, but it is the past and should remain there. The grievance industry won't go away though because there is money to be made. Guys like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farakhan are just 3 examples of that. You can add many more in the media and politics.

I look at my own city, Chicago, I don't see whites scurrying down to the south side to shoot up black people, steal their money or property. Yet there is a mass shooting every weekend in these communities that are predominately....non-white. Does anyone address the black on black crimes, murder, that happens daily ? No, they focus on one bad cop somewhere who did something wrong and want to make a national movement about it.

Don't get any of us wrong, if a cop did do something wrong, I'd be the first to stand next to you and cast stones, demanding his head, but in comparison to the amount of lives lost for other reasons.....the protests/movement isn't focused in the right areas.

If one truly believes in the founding principles of America, in the words of MLK too, that we should judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin, then one has no other path than to reject the Kaepernicks, the Sharptons, the Jacksons, the Farakhans of society who wish us to do just the opposite.

If one believes in equality, a color blind society, then one must not grant special privileges to any certain group/race/gender. Would most not agree with that statement ?

Then explain to me affirmative action laws, racial hiring quotas, college entrance based on race. Just 3 examples that go against our founding as a country, MLK's words, yet financed, promoted, by the very people who claim they deserve something special. These people are dividers, not uniters in a society. Same goes for the gender wars.

Kaepernick certainly has a right to protest, for whatever reason, valid or not,....but not a right to do it on his employers dime. That is the crux of the matter for most people. The NFL, by allowing it, has also turned off half it's viewership. Nobody wants politics injected into their favorite pastime of sports. People have no choice but to vote with their wallets and walk away from the NFL, Nike, or any other company that promotes this division because money is the only thing they understand.

If you listen to Colin's words, or the words of his Black Panther wife, you can hear the hate for this country, for whites in general, AND Nike made a decision to put that as a face of their company ? Can you see why people are upset ?

Dang it, didn't I say I wasn't going to comment in this thread...oh well. Let the discussion begin....

WOW so much is wrong in this I don't know where to begin.
  • F1nut
    Options
    I'll give Kaepernick one thing, he knows how to line his pockets, yet at the expense of those he is supposedly kneeling for. A hero!?! About the furthest from it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    monepolk wrote: »
    WOW so much is wrong in this I don't know where to begin.

Well, I'm willing to learn. Start at the beginning ?

Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    @tonyb said what I and a lot of others are feeling.

Mark Levine had a WISE guest on his show " Life Liberty and Levin" Sun. Night.

A man with a lot of Masters Degrees and many accolades over his long life. He lived through the tough times, the very tough times and he didn't think it would ever be different.

But he saw changes being made. Especially after Dr. MLK made countless peaceful speeches. He saw change happening and he went to school and college and made a very good life for himself. He commented on the kneeling protests. He thought Kaepernick chose the wrong venue to get attention for his concerns.

He, just like all of us, can understand him thinking there is still injustice. But this man said his protesting in the NFL during reverence for the country's flag was doomed from the start.

He stated protests from the blacks are getting harder and harder to justify since most of the country, and he said MOST very clearly have moved on and are trying very hard to live together and have productive intertwined lives with no racist feelings toward anybody.

Of course there will be fringe racists forever he said, but most Americans have been raised better than in the past, and it keeps getting better he feels.

Lastly, I know he said more and I just tried to search for the show and this man's name but I failed, :( he said there is a belief in the Black culture that Blacks have to protest to get their concerns heard. He said he fully understands this belief but he thinks there are 100 more ways to get ACTION accomplished than a protest that will fall on people who will turn their heads in the opposite direction now if it isn't a SOLID reason/s to protest.

I was very impressed to hear this man's thoughts, one who's been through the racist days of the past and talking about , Don't forget the past, but times are so much better now, Blacks have to look toward the future and the opportunities that are out in this society now for Blacks.

I've seen the news for years. I've worked with so many people in my life and feel sorry for Kaepernick and feel he is just a puppet for all the dividers to play with and coddle and push up onto a pedestal for a cause.

But this man on Levine's show Sun. night preceded what tonyb just said but they are the same thing.

Kaepernick ( and now Nike ) probably picked a wrong time and place to state their cases.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDock
    edited September 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sure we can discuss it, but most can't without getting into the gutter. Want to have a civil discussion ? Let's rock it then.
    Damn Tony! I can tell you are a talker...my wife is a talker also. I'm actually more of a quiet reserved person. Still, I get the feeling I could listen to you talk all day. It would be cool to meet you someday given the proximity. Anyway, very well said Sir!

I agree that the police thing is getting a lot of press. However, Kap's original point in 2016 was about the years of black oppression also. I'm sure many will agree that Chicago is an example of years of oppression that has resulted in the black on black crime. As bad as it is today it was worst in the 90's. Detroit had a spike as well during the early crack cocaine era. I did not recognized my city in '84-'85 coming home after my first years of college. Young black males were getting caught up in that mess and getting killed left and right. The reality is that the problem does not start in the "hoods" of the inner-city. Oh no, its much larger that that... and the powers that allow these things to happen are being protested as well, not just the cops, but the government, the corporations, Black people that have no regard for human life, the people that see things and don't report crimes to the police, etc., etc.

The problem is huge and has local and federal agencies stumped at how to deal with it.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Tony M
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    tej84w4vankn.jpg
    What a sweet picture.
    Fast forward 10 years later and that same cop will be violating his constitutional rights while he's running him on the system searching for warrants.

irony

That kid he's hugging will probably be a GREAT COP trying to clean up the city where ever he's working or be an officer in the military.

That's what I see. :)B)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Where in the rules does it say you have to like every single thread that's posted and who gave you the honor of being judge and jury to this Forum to say what should be or not?

Exactally how Kap feels about things i recon. Personally, I could care less. Far too many pressing issues than someone making a statement or a group of people's misguided patriotism.
  • WLDock
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I hope you're right Tony M. We need more good cops. By the way if there are so many good cops then why are there any bad cops still around?

Perhaps the good cops look the other way when their bad partner is violating someone's rights. After all it's Us vs Them, mentality.

Perhaps the good cops lie to protect their bad partners, because we all know that they must not cross the sacred Blue Line. Or else.

So if the good cops are looking the other way to protect their partners, are they in fact good cops? Maybe your idea of good and mine are not one and the same. :/:'(
    Let me tell you, I know several cops and one who was in internal affairs. Also, I know someone with the Secret Service that worked on details, in the legal department, and was a director over a region of several states. From some of the conversations I've heard.....in a nutshell, they will protect each other at all cost! One even stepped down from a role because it was a lost cause trying to change a department / system that could not be changed.

Our departments that protect us do some great things everyday, however they have problems that need to be fixed!

• Mikey081057
    Options
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I hope you're right Tony M. We need more good cops. By the way if there are so many good cops then why are there any bad cops still around?

Perhaps the good cops look the other way when their bad partner is violating someone's rights. After all it's Us vs Them, mentality.

Perhaps the good cops lie to protect their bad partners, because we all know that they must not cross the sacred Blue Line. Or else.

So if the good cops are looking the other way to protect their partners, are they in fact good cops? Maybe your idea of good and mine are not one and the same. :/:'(

If there are so many good people then why are there any bad people still around? Could it possibly be that humans are not perfect and last I looked police persons are human.

Do you think that your views of the police might just be slightly bias? I do.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

If there are so many good people then why are there any bad people still around? Could it possibly be that humans are not perfect and last I looked police persons are human.

I try my best to live my life as best I can. Would you like my driver's license number so that you can run me for warrants? Perhaps that might put your mind at ease.

You proved my point.

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Maybe Nike is about to introduce a new line of knee pads... Who better to be your pitch man?

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony M
    Options
    I didn't think of that. THAT's IT! knee pad sales, of course. :D
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Well my family will not be purchasing Nike again. Ever.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Well my family will not be purchasing Nike again. Ever.

Not even the knee pads??? :#:D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    My son will be getting some new UA shoes this evening.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I read that Kap was hired back into the NFL and will be joining the 49ers cheerleading squad
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    UA should run a campaign 20% off for each pair of that other brand turned in.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Why do good Priests/Clergy, Lawyers, Politicians, Doctors, Accountants, Charities never expose any of the criminals in their ranks?

Evil exists.

• Mikey081057
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I read that Kap was hired back into the NFL and will be joining the 49ers cheerleading squad

I saw that rumor too...

• F1nut
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

You still fail to explain why the so called good cops lie and ignore their less than ethical partners. Please simply focus on that portion of my comment, if you are able to do so.

I already answered that.

Why does almost every criminal lie about their guilt?

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Why does almost every criminal lie about their guilt?

Because their lawyer tells them to.

This discussion has been closed.