Nike' and Kapernick together now.

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,015
edited September 2018 in The Clubhouse
My wife shared this bit of info with me earlier when it first broke out into the public domain.

She said the link on her Facebook page about this was posted 10 minutes earlier and had 10K forwards/shares already. That was a lot earlier than this posting by me. There's probably 100k shares by now.

My wife read a bunch to me and the responses were not very agreeable. A lot were funny and sad at the same time.

I just saw this on my PC start-up page so I thought I'd link it. I don't know what Nike' is thinking. I just don't know. :#

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-unveils-powerful-new-nike-ad/ar-BBMPzYU?ocid=spartanntp

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Let’s just delete this thread now shall we?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    Options
    There's nothing with this thread. ;)

Nike' has a new spokesman and face for their brand. I just thought some people haven't heard about it.

What's so wrong with that?
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Won’t be buying any Nike products.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Match made in heaven IMHO.... Professional sports have been on a downward spiral ever since Charles Barkley uttered the immortal words... "I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

Nike is just following the theme they began decades ago.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I don't understand the meaning of the apostrophe after the word Nike.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Won’t be buying any Nike products.

Did you used to?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    Looks like Nike is making a political statement.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    She said the link on her Facebook page about this was posted 10 minutes earlier and had 10K forwards/shares already. That was a lot earlier than this posting by me. There's probably 100k shares by now.

Sounds like their marketing campaign is working exactly as intended.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

If their intention is to go out of business, I agree.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Let’s just delete this thread now shall we?

Why are you always so negative?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Too big to fail maybe?
  • F1nut
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Too big to fail maybe?

Plenty of sports apparel companies out there with better products.

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'd like to find out what products Jim Brown endorses.
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I don't like Kapernick, but I do like Charles Barkley especially his "golf swing".
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I think it becomes a bigger deal when you take into account that the official supplier of uniforms right now is Nike. I think that there takes it to the next level of controversy? Go Bears! Peace. Dabutcher
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I don't understand the meaning of the apostrophe after the word Nike.

It's a miniature SWOOSH SYMBOL... ;)
  • Tony M
    edited September 2018
    Options

I said the same thing to my wife. Was this a way to make their name mentioned a million times. And within a few days of the start of the season .

Nike' supplies the NFL's uniforms I heard last night and I read this this morning here on the thread. :o

• stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »

As is the OP. And this forum isn’t the place for it.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • charley95
    Options
    I never buy from Amazon either!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Kaepernick has been on Nike's payroll since 2011.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    Further disrespect of those that have truly sacrificed.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • Tony M
    Options
    stretchl wrote: »
    FTGV wrote: »

As is the OP. And this forum isn’t the place for it.

I'm not political. But I do fly an American flag since my father's casket was draped in one before he was buried minutes later. 22 years in the Army and 4 tours to wars. I would fly THAT flag if I had it but my little sister has it.

Is AMERICA POLITICAL now? Maybe...but I WAS NOT making a political stance.

Where in the rules does it say you have to like every single thread that's posted and who gave you the honor of being judge and jury to this Forum to say what should be or not?

A Co. named a new FACE ( a controversial, not political ) to their BRAND.
    Why do you say it's political?...I think YOU are PUTTING a POLITICAL SPIN on it. Not us.

Relax..Nike is a big a** Co. worth Billions. Nothing's going to change anybody's thoughts one way or the other who we vote for, IF we vote at all.

I personally don't think Kaepernick is a role model. Others think he is. Simple.

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    I'm thinking about dropping off my Nike shoes at the local store and buying something else. Better would be to send them back to corporate hq.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Legender
    Options
    Looked for an email for the Nike president to get a better idea of 'sacrifice' in Nike's dictionary, but couldn't find one.
    Did he lose a limb, get shot, suffer from agent orange, sacrifice his life for his country? Trying to get a handle of his sacrifice. Pretty sure he's getting paid a princely sum for this effort. I don't see any sacrifice.
    I quit football over kneeling... my dad did not serve this country in the way he did.
    Tossing my Nike stuff now... both pairs of socks.
    Thanks for the real pic @treitz3 !!
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    I sure hope this backfires on Nike.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    As much as I'd like to comment on this, this thread is doomed with the simple mention of Kapernick.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernicks-new-just-do-it-nike-ad-puts-pressure-on-nfl-to-take-a-stand/ar-BBMQglt?ocid=spartanntp

The Tony Dungy video is the reason for posting this, not the article.

FYI: I do not disagree with the players protesting, but rather how they chose to do so.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Tony Dungy has always been a class act in my opinion.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    Legender wrote: »
    Looked for an email for the Nike president to get a better idea of 'sacrifice' in Nike's dictionary, but couldn't find one.
    Did he lose a limb, get shot, suffer from agent orange, sacrifice his life for his country? Trying to get a handle of his sacrifice. Pretty sure he's getting paid a princely sum for this effort. I don't see any sacrifice.
    I quit football over kneeling... my dad did not serve this country in the way he did.
    Tossing my Nike stuff now... both pairs of socks.
    Thanks for the real pic @treitz3 !!

Where are all of these pictures a definition questions when a baseball announcer calls a sacrifice fly?
This discussion has been closed.