Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Like i said: you have a buyer... ;)

PM sent

Sorry, Festyboy, my wife gave me the okay to keep the RTi 150's and they sound too good to sell.
    7uzd5xns2gw0.jpg

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Rich502 wrote: »
    https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-ls-90-full-system/6670554312.html

A set with a pair of LS90's, and what looks like a CS-350LS. No affiliation.

Killer deal!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2018
    Options
    https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-lsi9-lsic-pioneer/6685826231.html

LSi9 pair: good condition, some scratches on one but placement can remedy it - $250
    LSiC: Center matches w/ the above, has some boxing on corners but still sounds perfect & looks great head on - $75
    RTi38 pair: used as the rears - $60
    Polk subwoofer: works and sounds fine, delamination of the black molding around the front - $20
    Pair of VTI stands: solid metal, adjustable, can run cables through the columns
    Pioneer SC-25: pushes plenty of power but need the sub pre-out and center out rewired $100

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-2-speakers/6681331253.html

Not a deal of the century but if someone is looking for some SDA2B here they are at a decent price. Maybe haggle a little.

https://charleston.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers/6660188065.html

rt600i for $40...at least I think that's what model they are.

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/ele/d/audio-gear-moving-sale/6652268307.html

All sorts of stuff listed in spreadsheets. Which one of you hoarders is this? haha :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Are you in NC
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Airplay355
    Options
    Greenville, SC...so pretty close
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Gotcha, just curious, we have a pot of polkies in charlotte
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Airplay355
    Options
    I was in Charlotte a few weekends ago for some fun. If there's ever a Charlotte get together I'm in :)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Airplay355 wrote: »

"The box was opened and the speakers gently fondled by me,"

What did the guy do??? I'm using my 703's for a music system and have a 706c in storage. I wonder if I ought to buy these just in case I end up switching my HT system over to the LSiM one day. I really didn't like that setup for HT. I think it was a synergy thing, I've done so much to warm up those RTi speakers, that those LSiM front three lacked brightness. I know those Pangea power cables really warmed things up as did the Dynamat in the AVR, plus the acoustic panels. I'm just really happy with my RTi setup for movies.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Airplay355
    edited September 2018
    Options
    No affil with anything here so I make no claims as to stains, smears or otherwise. Buyer beware :D
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options

All sorts of stuff listed in spreadsheets. Which one of you hoarders is this? haha :D

Notice the Jolida SL2000a on page two. Who sold one of these around here recently? :wink::lol:
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Vandersteen 2WQ passive sub. Interesting, includes separate external crossover. 2 hundie. No affiliation.
    isehyyl2hk58.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/vandersteen-2wq-subwoofer/6687021606.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Notice the Jolida SL2000a on page two. Who sold one of these around here recently? :wink::lol:

Standouts in that list are:

Magnepan 1.6QR - 800
    LSI 7 - 150
    Belles 250 - 400
    ALL the streamers
    Quite a few of the DACs (Bryson, Music Hall, Cambridge, PS Audio)....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Standouts in that list are:

Magnepan 1.6QR - 800
    LSI 7 - 150
    Belles 250 - 400
    ALL the streamers
    Quite a few of the DACs (Bryson, Music Hall, Cambridge, PS Audio)....

I saw the LSi 7’s, I think that is a STEAL. Even in the rough condition they were talking about, you could totally reveneer them or something.
    The other stuff, I don’t know much about, including their value, but it does all seem to be very cheap.
  • Airplay355
    Options
    The Lsi7 would be good for spare parts as well if you had other Lsi speakers. Missing the wood panels might be a deal breaker for some.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    I'm the hoarder trying to thin out, hehe. Finally had a son and daughter move out and can make the final move to our little beach house. 7000 to 1800 sq ft has been a big challenge to figure out. Have tried to get rid of the big items locally, and will be ready to ship a few pieces soon. Not looking to sell everything on the list - just need to thin out.

A few pieces were bought here - Belles pre from George, Maggies from Falconcry, Plat7 from Skip, LSi7's from Rooftop, and likely a few others. If one of the Dayens amps (both bought used) sells, I'll keep the remaining one. Likewise for the better DAC's and streamers.

If anyone is interested in something, PM me and I'll get you the friendly face Polkie discount price.

Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • mlistens03
    Options
    The Lsi7 would be good for spare parts as well if you had other Lsi speakers. Missing the wood panels might be a deal breaker for some.

I was thinking somebody could rebuild the cabinets. And then you wouldn’t be limited to black gloss and Ebony/Cherry, you could have any finish (es) you’d like.
    Just measure the side panels on an existing pair (or find measurements), pull the veneer off the old cabinet, and build new side panels, then veneer. Probably is harder than it sounds, but it doesn’t sound hard. :)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    I'm the hoarder trying to thin out, hehe. Finally had a son and daughter move out and can make the final move to our little beach house. 7000 to 1800 sq ft has been a big challenge to figure out. Have tried to get rid of the big items locally, and will be ready to ship a few pieces soon. Not looking to sell everything on the list - just need to thin out.

A few pieces were bought here - Belles pre from George, Maggies from Falconcry, Plat7 from Skip, LSi7's from Rooftop, and likely a few others. If one of the Dayens amps (both bought used) sells, I'll keep the remaining one. Likewise for the better DAC's and streamers.

If anyone is interested in something, PM me and I'll get you the friendly face Polkie discount price.

Craig

Congrats on all that. I’m sure it will be nice to finally have one system and not need to decide between a bunch of things lol.

If I had cash I’d be hitting you up about a couple of those streamers but I’m broke and in debt to a polkie so I better pay him off first lol.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Yes, I got that. and I still stand by what I said. There is just some gear out there that has a reputation above and beyond...those names include Pass Labs, D'Agostino, Conrad Johnson, Audio Research...

I didn't say the Ampino Pre was bad, I just think for that price bracket, a used Conrad Johnson tube pre is a much better buy. Not to mention the fun and flexibility of rolling tubes.

Have you actually tried the Ampino Preamp vs the CJ? Or are you just basing this off of the "reputation" of Conrad Johnson?
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2018
    Options
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited September 2018
    Options
    :o:s:o:s:o:s Those are the SUPER DUPER model of Time Windows. MAN, those won't last a day. No way!

DREW.or anyone else close. ..Try to make room for these gems!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Don't have the room to do them justice, nice deal though.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Flip them or Karma to another Polky? Giveaway price. Usually go between 4-6 bills up here. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mlistens03
    Options
    In the Time Windows listing, look at the dimensions box... tall. LOL
  • Airplay355
    Options
    The DCMs might need refoaming and the grill cloth doesn't come off easily IIRC. Still a good deal, they are some cool speakers :)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    In GA
    Denon 2910 for $110. Probably will come down. Excellent transport IMO
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/rotel-bw-yamaha-denon-for-sale/6685190263.html
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ok I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about Klipsch speakers. I do know that they have a large following, especially of their vintage gear. These are 5 grand, I'm not contemplating purchasing them but are they truly worth this much?cygmx00joa83.jpghttps://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-la-scalla-2-speakers/6689101218.html

Those look like original La Scala’s. I’ve heard the new ones, albeit not setup well, and I liked them. Nice clarity, soundstage, and BRIGHT. About as bright as I could take, and I love a bright speaker. A new set costs $4k a piece, seems like a deal, if only to flip.
    Klipsch seems to be a “you love it or you hate it” kinda thing, IMO.
    (Edit:) just looked at the bottom of your post, listed as La Scala’s, got it right the first time. :)
  • verb
    Options
    Must be a run on the La Scala's! Here's a modded set for $2350:
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/klipsch-la-scala-amazing/6689106750.html
    g9f9cdqo9k4w.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Must be a run on the La Scala's! Here's a modded set for $2350:
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/klipsch-la-scala-amazing/6689106750.html
    g9f9cdqo9k4w.png

$2350? That seems like a steal, they are worth a lot more than that. Originals also, I think...
  • verb
    Options
    Yep seems like. I know very little about Klipsch's but some folks here rave about em. Especially because they are very efficient, ideal for a SET amp rig.

Anyways, so I was looking at the CL ad on these, at the pics, and the Mrs comes into the office and asks"what are you looking at?" She gives me the look, enough said, guys you know the drill. :wink: