Interesting Yamaha concept

erniejade
erniejade Posts: 6,288
edited September 2018 in 2 Channel Audio
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    That is cool(!), but probably (obviously) not for purists. It does, however, eliminate a problem for a lot of the general public... wires! It's surprising how confused many people are when it comes to making physical connections.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I wonder what's next. B)

I am glad I lived long enough to witness this technology! AMAZING stuff. :)

I'm still amazed at the smart phone's abilities. My stepdaughter Says some woman's name like Seri or Alexa to her phone and then asks it a question. It instantly responds with a few answers in print . AMAZING!

A whole Encyclopedia and more, in the palm of our hands. And we don't even have to type a question into a device anymore.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • erniejade
    It is amazing the stuff they are coming up with. The low/mid fi stuff is sooo Convenient. Some of this type of stuff i have heard hasn't been that bad. Sounds way better than the old all in one systems of the 70's, 80's 90's and eatly 2000's.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Speaking of which...
    Have all y'all seen the new statement components from Yamaha?

http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/speakers/top-of-the-line-hifi-gear-from-yamaha-announced/#prettyPhoto

604zke9bk2u7.png
    d5fkksnpjzqy.png
    4a1qenqc5jfi.png
    2tvafolyiduw.png

The turntable is... umm... well... interesting, I guess...

cxll3np3c1cp.png

Certainly's stirred up the Yamaha fanboy vinylista -- not in a good way :p
  • Some gorgeous stuff there.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Beautiful components
    Wonder if the circuitry needed for the WiFi TT will present noise back into a typically very sensitive system.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2018
    The irony of merging a rekkid playa and WiFi makes my brain vibrate.

If vinyl does something that digital doesn't, why digitize, then wifi it?
    If it doesn't -- why bother with the rekkid playa at all?

Not referring to the 84 people* on earth who have material on records (vinyl or shellac) that isn't available in any other way -- those folks will seek, or have sought, other solutions if they want their stuff in the digital domain.

Nkce read on the new stuff. 58 lb turntable ! Looks great.
  • joecoulson
    12.6 on TT weight?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It's a shame their high end CD/SACD players have proven unreliable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Well, that is an easily correctable problem if the manufacturer is reputable.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Just got a Yammy AVR. The app is awesome. Lightning fast
  • Nice! Which one?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Not to get off the topic of the original thread but that new Yamaha equipment does look interesting. Seems like the Japanese companies are still making a comeback into the 2 channel realm. Weird that Yamaha has the model number for their amp almost the same as the Onkyo that came out, M-5000/M-5000R.

I would like to see the price on those speakers. I wonder what they sound like? Hearkening back to the days of 3 way speakers with 12" drivers at the bottom end. Onkyo has the same kind of speaker, D-77NE, but at $5,000/pair, whew, not on my budget list (not that I would buy any if they were).

Not comparing the two companies so let's not go there, just making observations, that's all...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • erniejade
    joecoulson wrote: »
    12.6 on TT weight?

The GT-5000 turntable is a high mass (58-lb) belt-drive design, with an unusual straight, short tonearm that appears to have no built-in offset angle in its geometry

Maybe i misinterpreted?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    A WiFi turntable. All of the inconvenience of vinyl, with none of the audio quality benefit. What an absurd product.

Hipsters and millennials take note, your idiotic turntable has arrived.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    erniejade wrote: »
    Nkce read on the new stuff. 58 lb turntable ! Looks great.
    joecoulson wrote: »
    12.6 on TT weight?
    Yes, the wireless TT is lighter, but the link to the article about all the new TOTL stuff included info on a real heavyweight model.
  • joecoulson
    Thank You for clarifying md
  • The wireless table seems to share a resemblance to the Denon DP300F.
  • sponger
    sponger Posts: 325
    edited September 2018
    It looks like they skipped the USB port. The purists won't have that to complain about at least.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775