The effects of good music

So I'm driving home last night, listening to Pandora, and I'm just about to turn down my street and what comes on? Red Barchetta, one of my all time Rush faves. So rather than sit in front of my house with the system cranked, I kept going another 2 or 3 miles out of my way until the song was over.

I hope I'm not the only one this has happened to... B)
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Guilty as charged !!!! I do it quite often.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    polrbehr wrote: »
    So I'm driving home last night, listening to Pandora, and I'm just about to turn down my street and what comes on? Red Barchetta, one of my all time Rush faves. So rather than sit in front of my house with the system cranked, I kept going another 2 or 3 miles out of my way until the song was over.

I hope I'm not the only one this has happened to... B)

Yep
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    You are not alone, Harry!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    All my music is on a USB stick. So everything on there I like. If I'm pulling into the driveway and one of my very favorites comes on, I just hit the back button so when I take off again its the 1st song I hear. B)
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    NPR calls those driveway moments, although their context isn't usually musical :|

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    A friend of mine passed away last year and at his Funeral his Daughter talked about how Herb would come home but hang out in his car for a long time just listening to music that he didn't want to turn off.

It sort of became his man cave and the place he could listen to music without interruptions I guess. When we would be out camping at the lake, Herb always had a huge collection of music he would bring.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD