No longer can stream Spotify on Command Bar

One of my favorite Alexa skills is to ask to play anything from Spotify Premium. My Command Bar did this the first few days I had it, but now no longer can. I'll say the command and it responds "Playing Today's Top Hits from Spotify" and then...silence. I've reset the bar several times, checked all my linked accounts through the Polk and Alexa apps, and still nothing. I can still manually choose the Bar through my Spotify App, but the Alexa skill to control it seems to have completely failed. Any advice?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That b1+#h !!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • morphon
    morphon Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    I have this issue.

I can select the Polk Command playback device and stream from Spotify manually, but when I ask Alexa to play from Spotify it will announce "Playing August 2018 Playlist from Spotify" then just goes silent.

So it recognizes the correct playlist name, but is not able to play anything on its own. Permission issues? Bad update? Did this ever work?

Further, I found the Polk Connect app (iOS) terrible to use. It was difficult to connect my Amazon account for Alexa, and after many unsuccessful tries, it will not LINK my command bar to Spotify. Tried on both iPhone and iPad Pro using latest iOS 11 software.

PS> trying to troubleshoot it this weekend but if no luck I will return it while its within the 15 day window. Spotify functionality is essential for me.
  • Day three. Returning this command bar. Support is non existent. No response on Twitter, this forum, or the 1800 Polk support line. This product is undercooked and should not have been released yet. I will think twice before purchasing Polk in the future.
  • DesLFC
    DesLFC Posts: 1
    I had the same issue. To fix it I reset the Command bar back to factory and performed the setup again and now it plays Spotify through Alexa.
    Factory reset is done by holding the + and - buttons until it says entering Demo 1 mode. Release and hold the same buttons until it says performing factory reset.
  • Jumping into this old thread...

I'm having a similar issue. Spotify connect worked fine when I first setup the soundbar. After adding to a multi room music group, it disappeared from spotify connect. Telling the soundbar to play spotify doesnt work either. It says it is playing, but then silence.

I tried deleting all alexa groups. Removing all devices from alexa and rediscovering. Factory resetting the command bar, but nothing works.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Survey says KFC is disgusting. Reported.
  • Kalemji
    Kalemji Posts: 1
    Hi. I just purchased this soundbar. I could swear it worked the first time I tried, but then it just stopped. I have TRIED unlinking, linking back, deleting all apps, changing my country, creating new amazon users, resetting, revoking from spotify. EVERYTHING. It just says: playing spotify, men no sound. And I can see in the alexa app that it can read my spotify lists, but not playing. When I try to play from the Alexa app, it justs says: no supported devices are available. But if I try to play audible from the alexa app, it finds my polk command bare easily. Is there really no fix to this yet? If so, please help.
  • was this ever resolved - new user and having the same issue - Spotify says it is playing but it is not. Same issue with BBC Radio 2 - this starts but seconds later it stops - if not resolved satisfactorily will have to return for a refund - tempted to do this given this issue seems to have been raised Since 2018
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    I recommend contacting Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 and follow prompts to soundbar assistance.