RT3000p black bases, working or not!

Inspector 24
Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
edited July 2012 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I just picked up a complete and nearly pristine 5000p system but one of the main l/r bases has been damaged and making rattling sounds.

I still have to open it but I believe all I need is the cabinet, specifically the front plate.
I don't need the amps working, don't need a grill and probably don't even need the drivers, likely just the cabinet in good very good condition.
I'll post pics later to show the damage.

Let me know what you've got and how much you'd like shippe to 84084.
Thanks!
Ryan.
Up
LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Post edited by Inspector 24 on

Comments

• Inspector 24
    edited July 2012
    So here's the damage that is visible, haven't removed the driver yet, hoping it's just the cabinet, but at this point I'd take a cabinet, if with a driver just in case, all the better!

IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4786.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg

EDIT: DO'H! It attached a bunch of stuff I hadn't intended can't make them go away, so some some pics for fun!
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Inspector 24
    edited July 2012
    When playing. Just moved the drivers by hand...they're starting to seize, looks like I need drivers too! :(
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Inspector 24
    edited July 2012
    I wish it were the amp...It may be bad too, but you can feel the voice coils on the drivers scraping if you move the cones by hand... :neutral:

So, looks like I need two drivers and a cabinet to make this a complete system...have any extras lying around? :razz:
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• I know this is old thread but any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought a set of RT3000p’s 8 months and had to send them to Polk for repair. Now, one of the plate amps makes the woofers rattle when producing noise and hums when not being used. I know it’s the amp because I hooked up the other amp and the problem went away. When they “fixed” the amp 8 months ago, they said they replaced all 4 capacitors and voltage regulators in the amps. Looking at the failing amp now(I should have checked before) it looks like one capacitor is older than the rest;as if they didn’t replace it. I don’t know if that’s my issue. I was hoping if you remembered what Polk said the issue was so I could do the work myself. I would send the amp back but had a very unpleasant time with them the last time. Thanks and I hope to hear from y’all soon.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Pics of the board?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2018
    sdouglas wrote: »
    I know this is old thread but any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought a set of RT3000p’s 8 months and had to send them to Polk for repair. Now, one of the plate amps makes the woofers rattle when producing noise and hums when not being used. I know it’s the amp because I hooked up the other amp and the problem went away. When they “fixed” the amp 8 months ago, they said they replaced all 4 capacitors and voltage regulators in the amps. Looking at the failing amp now(I should have checked before) it looks like one capacitor is older than the rest;as if they didn’t replace it. I don’t know if that’s my issue. I was hoping if you remembered what Polk said the issue was so I could do the work myself. I would send the amp back but had a very unpleasant time with them the last time. Thanks and I hope to hear from y’all soon.

Do try another outlet somewhere else in your home, I have some Paradigm 90P towers with powered subs in each. In a certain room when the sub amps are plugged in I get a ground loop hum. Probably not the issue at hand but figured I would mention it.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member