Rotel RX 1050 Stereo Receiver

Great sounding unit that I've had for several years now. It's been in use off and on depending upon my setup. I hope I don't regret, but I'm finally letting it go.

I'd say it's easily a 6/10 cosmetically. A few minor scratches that I've to photograph, but you know how that can be.

The tuner is kind of hit or miss, so let's just say it doesn't work. Everything else functions correctly to the best of my knowledge.

This unit has a Zone 2 option if you have an external amp or it has A/B if you want to run a second set of speakers without an external amp.

I never used the phono, but I've read that it has a good phono section.

I recently moved and I've looked everywhere for the remote and I haven't been able to locate it. I have used a Harmony remote with it in the past. You really want to have a remote with this unit because of the way it powers on/off.

Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Frequency response: 10Hz to 70kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 160mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 74dB (MM), 92dB (line)
Output: 1V (Pre out)
Speaker load impedance: 4 ohm (minimum)
Video Connections: composite
Dimensions: 432 x 121 x 359mm
Weight is 25 pounds

$150 to your door CONUS.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2018
    Duplicate post
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    o2tpxtr8kilt.jpeg
    hoan52dygvq1.jpeg
    j0ot9z6kqsk1.jpeg
    526yhh1i2770.jpeg
    i0hqkygts44c.jpeg
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited August 2018
    So everything works fine except the tuner? Is this OK to use with SDA? If so, I’ll take it :)

Sorry just saw the thing about the remote...what’s the deal there? You can’t just poke a button to turn it off?
  • PSOVLSK
    The issue with not having a remote is that it turns "off" when you push the button. There is no "stand by" mode. I'll test it out tomorrow, but I think every time you turn it back on it comes on to "Tuner" on station 87.5. Not the end of the world, but kind of annoying.

I may have a spare universal remote laying around. I'll see if it will work with the Rotel.

As far as the SDA question, I don't really know the answer, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I bet a Logitech would work with it...

Yup just verified from the Logitech site it would
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Airplay355
    Does t need a standby mode? I turn all of my stuff completely off when I’m not using it.

Sounds like it’ll work for me. PayPal? :)
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    interested if falls through.
  • PSOVLSK
    I just plugged it in and what I described about on/off is correct. It will always turn on to "Tuner" on 87.5.

I do have an old Philips universal remote if you want it. I couldn't get it to work with the Rotel, but I admittedly didn't spend much time trying. Dan is correct, Logitech definitely works with it.

I found the original box for shipping which I didn't think I had and also found the owners manual. If only the remote would show up.

Airplay, it's yours if you want it. I'll shoot you a pm with paypal info.

maingey, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
  • Airplay355
    Sounds good! Thanks! Will send $$ when you’ve got a moment to dm me the PayPal info.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    $$ sent.
    good grab.
  • Airplay355
    If it ends up not working out for me I’ll dm you and pass along the same deal :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Awesome deal from an awesome Polkie. If I'da had any need (deck speakers, garage speakers) I would have hopped on this...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I got one not in use. But when I used it it was awesome. I have it sitting in my collection.
    Great price for a fantastic sounding unit. I love how clean and powerful it is.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Nice Receiver, I think I have the Rotel CD player that Paul use to use with this unit :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Airplay355
    I’m gonna use it for a two channel rig in he main floor with some SDA2B. My wife has been using a nose Bluetooth speaker for music down here :s
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I love my 2B's :) I took out the crossovers from my CRS+'s that Dave made for me and put them in my 2B's I picked up as they use the same crossovers and Oh Boy do they sing :) ENJOY!!

(mostly for a friend who wanted them but I don't want to let them go)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Airplay355
    Received today in great condition in the original box and everything. Great Polkie price and super conservative cosmetic rating, I think it looks great!

I noticed that at first it wouldn't remember volume and source settings when turned off but now that I let it run for a while it does. Maybe something inside just needed to charge up. Either way, it's great and I'm loving it! Thanks again!
  • PSOVLSK
    Glad it arrived safely and that you are enjoying it. It's a great piece that I enjoyed for several years. I think I already mentioned it, but I'll probably regret selling it.