Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Ok, so going back to deals of the day...
    That LP shelf looks really nice. If that was local, and I wasn’t saving up for a power conditioner, it’d be mine. :smile:

Naa. Just tag Dan again lol. Yep i caught that lol.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    That LP shelf looks really nice. If that was local, and I wasn’t saving up for a power conditioner, it’d be mine. :smile:

:lol: I knew it was too late to take it back... :grin: sorry Dan.
    I tend to forget to look at who is posting, and then usually about half-way through the post I’ll say to myself “who is posting this?” And go back to see. Didn’t happen this time, I should’ve looked. :lol:
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    @la2vegas , I used this glue to fix the grills on my 25s:
    xa54ngu1zysl.jpg
    It’s held really well so far, and it’s been almost 6 months.
    Nice find!

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

No problem. I believe I found it at Hobby Lobby, of all places. That might’ve been the first and last time I went there willingly. :wink:
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Whattttt? B):| only if I'm in at work.

Lies.... I know you dont work 24/7....

PS, so everyone knows we be poking fun at each other.

Ernie's a great guy! Wish he was closer so we could hang more. Same for 99% of the IL crew.

:lol: I knew it was too late to take it back... :grin: sorry Dan.
    I tend to forget to look at who is posting, and then usually about half-way through the post I’ll say to myself “who is posting this?” And go back to see. Didn’t happen this time, I should’ve looked. :lol:

No worries.... The IL Polkies dont want to claim me, which is fine because I dont want to claim I live in IL (ewwwww).... so we are both good to leave it as it is.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    Options
    Dan, I'm married so i do work 24/7 and so do you!

Sorry had to take that easy shot. Too funny.

Agreed, if we lived closer, our neighbors would hate us even more!.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Why don't you two just kiss and make up already?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited August 2018
    Options
    LOL, if your talking about me, I'm a Indiana Polkie..... just not afraid of crossing the state line over to IL. Cause I know @tonyb has my back.

I dont have enough LP's for this, but one of those guys I tagged might.

I just tossed out one of those.....it wasn't on the curb 90 seconds...

By the way Dan the last time i had albums you were.... well eating strained peas and the likes from Gerber
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ^^^ That's I-hole boys and girls
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Anyone coming down in October that can bring those down? I dig them.

Or hold em till Axpona if they really like you and you can pickup in transit there or back (they'd make for a REALLY NICE display table, and let folks pick from some pre-selected Vinyl if you plan to bring a TT....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    LOL, if your talking about me, I'm a Indiana Polkie..... just not afraid of crossing the state line over to IL. Cause I know @tonyb has my back.

I dont have enough LP's for this, but one of those guys I tagged might.

I just tossed out one of those.....it wasn't on the curb 90 seconds...

By the way Dan the last time i had albums you were.... well eating strained peas and the likes from Gerber

Ivans age > dirt :p
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Ernie's a great guy! Wish he was closer so we could hang more. Same for 99% of the IL crew.

99% of the crew ?? I'm guessing I fall in that 1% then. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

99% of the crew ?? I'm guessing I fall in that 1% then. :)

I left it open ended intentionally just so no one would know :wink:.. Room for future growth if needed hehe.
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Or hold em till Axpona if they really like you and you can pickup in transit there or back (they'd make for a REALLY NICE display table, and let folks pick from some pre-selected Vinyl if you plan to bring a TT....

Won't really be an option since I'll be traveling heavy already. Oh well.

I'm not heading that way unfortunately, but you never know if their can't be a way to Polkie express em to ya....

Is @kharp1 driving down for it?
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Keep an eye out on your local CL, letgo, offerup, facebook marketplace, antique sites, etc. I'm sure something local will come up. Like this: https://offerup.com/item/detail/395847552/

Or you could "Ball Out" and have something custom made...from $3900 - $8950 , OUCH!!!

https://www.atochadesign.com/products/the-record-cabinet

c8_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444006806

Atocha-Design-brass-points-pulls_e9924048-6326-40d6-b23d-4da9c40a4cea_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444006659
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    I wonder if they have permission from McIntosh to use their logo and other intellectual property.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

Won't really be an option since I'll be traveling heavy already. Oh well.

I'm not heading that way unfortunately, but you never know if their can't be a way to Polkie express em to ya....

Is @kharp1 driving down for it?

I am driving down in October. I'm renting an SUV, but, may change that to a minivan, or, the biggest SUV they have. I'm planning on bringing down the Joule and PSA Memory Player and DAC.. Bringing back the Siena, EVO 845, Usher MD2's along with the items I'm taking down. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I can get a comfortable enough ride that will carry it all. trying to avoid the Transit type van...don't want to put 30 hrs round trip drive time in one of those.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    @DSkip There is a chance I have room to store them in my garage and then work on a handoff to @kharp1 for him to bring them down.

@pitdogg2 is close and if he could hold them till I get over there to pick them up I can probably work around that.....

Just a thought......

Kerry: This is the item in question (it breaks into 4 pieces, 3 cabinets and a top)
  • kharp1
    Options
    I would probably need some measurements. The Siena are four crates already, the Usher MD2's are fairly good size plus the Evo 845 and PSA stack. I really don't want to drive a cargo van for a week. I'm no Russ. I can't drive a bucket truck to go bar hopping.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649457508-tekton-design-double-impact-believe-the-hype/

In red, with a few scratches and a nick. Price reflexes that though and these are roughly 800-1000 bucks less than others on the used market. A lot of speaker here for the money kids.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    That’s a damned well written ad.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I would probably need some measurements. The Siena are four crates already, the Usher MD2's are fairly good size plus the Evo 845 and PSA stack. I really don't want to drive a cargo van for a week. I'm no Russ. I can't drive a bucket truck to go bar hopping.

@kharp1 These would be going from you to Skip, and not coming back. If I'm reading right, you have more space going down, its coming back (with the speakers) thats the problem.

That isnt a problem since they are one way from you to Skip.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Here's some stuff I ran across. Was interested in some of these pieces but family plans changed things for the coming months. Was close to pulling the trigger on the HSU CCB-8 speakers and maybe the Parasound or the nOrh amp. Anyway, maybe this might interest some here. Most are in the Chi area but some are in other states.

Parasound HCA -10000a - $125
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/497680627/

Here's a good opportunity for someone to try the new HSU speakers. Can make a set if they can get both to ship. Should come out cheaper than a single, $369 each. I was going to try these out myself based on the great reviews:
    HSU Research CCB-8 single speaker - $100 Thompson Station, TN
    https://us.letgo.com/en/i/center-speaker-hsu-ccb8-speaker_642c029e-2b98-47c7-88b1-4c8deaaacd16

HSU Research CCB-8 single speaker - $190 Chandler, AZ
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/511082254/

Find another single for cheap and one can get into the Ref line for much cheaper that the average going prices.
    Kef R500 - Single speaker - $475 (The price was lower on CL, but the ad is dead)
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1097794330358276/

Kef R900 - single speaker - $250 Detroit
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/525791693/

Artison Portrait LRS surround speakers - $50 ($500 retail, I have a pair of these myself)
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/artison-portrait-lrs-surround/6671060712.html

Gallo Acoustics CL-2 - $450
    https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/gallo-acoustics-cl-2-speakers/6677143376.html

(2) - Two Earthquake Sound SuperNova MKIV-15 - $800 Pair ($2900 each retail, I love the small size of these give the amount of air they can move.)
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/earthquake-sound-supernova/6671071270.html

nOrh Multiamp - $250 - Cool active bi-amp that seems to be a nice piece. -
    review - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=336.0
    https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/norh-multiamp-power-amplifier/6672234888.html

I would love to try this combo in my TV room! Mated with the Earthquake subs above, would shake things and bring my TV room to life!

Kef Model 200C Reference Series center - $200 ($1000 Retail)
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/kef-model-200c-reference/6671071496.html

Kef Reference Series Moudel Four - $895 ($5200 retail)
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/kef-reference-series-model/6671060381.html
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • kharp1
    Options

@kharp1 These would be going from you to Skip, and not coming back. If I'm reading right, you have more space going down, its coming back (with the speakers) thats the problem.

I'm not saying I'm slow, but, I didn't pick up on that right away. That shouldn't be a problem. Measurements would still help. Overall length of the top probably most important.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    @DSkip

Sounds like you might be able to get em. I will let you get dimensions and then let me know if I need to make room for em and work on getting them.....

I think there are two polkies near them @pitdogg2 and @stretchl
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    I'm still in if it can be swung.

If you can get someone to store them for a bit while I figure out when I can get over there I shouldn’t have a problem storing them, or meeting @kharp1 somewhere to exchange. I “think” they should fit in my Murano but I’d need dimensions too lol

• erniejade
    edited August 2018
    Options

I'm not saying I'm slow, but, I didn't pick up on that right away. That shouldn't be a problem. Measurements would still help. Overall length of the top probably most important.

Thats what she said!
  • erniejade
    Options
    I need to meet up with strech. If its in the general area of where strech is, it would fit in my van if that helps ?
  • erniejade
    Options
    How long of a drive is it agajn?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I need to meet up with strech. If its in the general area of where strech is, it would fit in my van if that helps ?

He's about an hour away from these.

I'm kind of tied up at the moment i cannot help with these.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Well. Shoot... still might be a possibility.