Advice on interconnects

Just picked up an adcom 7500 looking for some cables. Was looking at these on Amazon z1o7iyuuvy3d.jpg
Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
-Jimi Hendrix

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    No.......Spend $30-50 for some while you are getting your system together (for a bare minimum). If you later think your system has some potential then upgrade. Then the sky is the limit.

I have heard 10-15% of the cost of your system on cables a lot. YMMV.
  • djperez81
    djperez81 Posts: 388
    What would you recommend in that price range?
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • djperez81
    edited August 2018
    No 30 to 50 as suggested
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Audioquest and Bluejeans are the first to come to mind. But there are many more. Basically anything in that price range (exempt for Monster) will sound a lot better than a $6 interconnect.

There are already tons of posts with good recommendations here. Also search the speaker wire posts for the recommended lower end cables. Most of them also make decent interconnects.
  • djperez81
    Ok thanks
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Metal coat hangers is where it's at.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Take a look at Douglas Connection Bravo series. Tell him you are a member here for a discount.

Build quality is great and he is a regular member of these discussions.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    tratliff wrote: »
    Take a look at Douglas Connection Bravo series. Tell him you are a member here for a discount.

Build quality is great and he is a regular member of these discussions.

Ditto!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    They are digital audio cables not analog cables, is that what your looking for? I seemed to me like you where looking for analog cables to connect your new amp.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Bye bye barryflash2727 spam
  • The OP is a spammer as well.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • I would recommend you get blue jeans cables, probably one of the best entry level audiophile cables.
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
    Random cables
    Bic f12
    Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
    Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier
  • youv'e already invested in the amp ,don't cheap out on the i/c. This coming from a dude that has moths flying out of his wallet. I listened and 1st went w/ Frank@ Signal Cable then changed to Blue Jeans for about the same $40 for 3' or a meter.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc