Are WAUDIO POWER cables any good?

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,017
Here's an ad for 1 style. They look good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L2MBYWC/ref=psdc_3236443011_t1_B01L2UNMXI
snps1ocds066.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    Well its pretty anyway.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Seems like the Pangea AC14SE would be more trustworthy and not much more money.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Is this particular "WAudio" an actual company? Googlin' didn't turn up much other than Amazon & Walmart web site (for sale) listings.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Pretty sure it is a standard Chinese or DIY seller. The ends being used are the readily available "Oyaide" knock-offs all over eBay. Looks like regular tech-flex for sleeve and I am sure they are just using standard appliance cabling available at any big box home improvement store.

Give me about 30 minutes and I will whip up a few PCs for you that will look identical.

BTW, I am not saying the products being offered are bad...just inexpensive to make yourself.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I would pass on those....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I would pass on those....

Pass....PASS!!
    That hack couldn't make cord if he had instructions and an engineer on standby!

B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    edited August 2018
    Options
    "Cable material: Super Pure Copper Multi Conductor Power Cable"

Well that basically confirms what @ZLTFUL says above. It's not even OFC, so I'd say pass on these.

Also, that doesn't look like 100% coverage on that shielding:

71SrhQ-Eh-L._SL1200_.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yep it has leakage for sure. But to be honest I've in my case have never had a need for shielded power cable.
    At Axpona i talked to the Anticable guy and he told me how they design theirs and said i could do the same. Take four 17ga. stranded cables x 3 set of four for the postive, negative and ground. Braid each set then braid those sets together then add your ends boom done and that rejects the bad stuff.
    Four 17gauge wires equal 11gauge total. Still will fit regular ends. You could techflex each strand a different color to keep your conductors straight.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Have you ever listened to anti-cables ? Some of the worst sounding cables I ever had the displeasure of hearing. Just my opinion there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Have you ever listened to anti-cables ? Some of the worst sounding cables I ever had the displeasure of hearing. Just my opinion there.

Well they are not the same one is stranded the speaker cables are solid and enameled. So using the designers advice use any flavor you desire. I thought it was intriguing that he took the time to explain. Both anti and Audioquest use the same braided design. My question to him was who was copying who. Meanwhile the Audioquest folks basically told me to go pound sand when i approached them about their design. So i have made some of my own cables for awhile and have used the braided design long before the braided power cable fad. It works, are they the same as bigger name brands that are out there? DEFINITELY NOT but you just might make some that float your boat and knock your sack back. Many here really liked Pepsters/Yep2's cables so it can be done very cost effective.

Anyway jusy another way to eat cat B)B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I gather it would be just as good to make my own and buy those power cable ends separately, or just buy affordable, reputable and proven cables. Just like Drew did.

Thanks for the opinions.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    I think DIY is always a good, cost effective option for folks not averse to slingin' a little solder.

Of course, I've got a bagful of moderately high quality bits to build some ahem "interconnects" in the basment that I've been meaning to get to for several
    months now. I even prepped one pair of cables but have yet to solder 'em up.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,682
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Of course, I've got a bagful of moderately high quality bits to build some ahem "interconnects" in the basment that I've been meaning to get to for several
    months now. I even prepped one pair of cables but have yet to solder 'em up.

moar carma nao!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options

They're also the only cables I've used to cause my 1/2 ohm rated MC2500 to go thump on start up and ruin the meter circuit. At that point I really didn't care or notice how they sounded. They went back for a full refund never to return here.
  • tonyb
    Options

They're also the only cables I've used to cause my 1/2 ohm rated MC2500 to go thump on start up and ruin the meter circuit. At that point I really didn't care or notice how they sounded. They went back for a full refund never to return here.

Now that....would have pissed me off enough to throw something through their window.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options

Now that....would have pissed me off enough to throw something through their window.

Oh I was pissed no doubt but I also used it as an excuse to recap the 2500.