Congrats to the young men from Hawaii

Options
2018 Little League World Series Champions!

Good game, the pitcher threw a complete game gem vs. South Korea, shut them out 3-0.
It's always a little sad watching the team that loses, as they all played well throughout. But I also figure that's the way it goes, there's only one winner and it's refreshing to see that kids
from around the world get used to that.
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Baseball - the Great American Character Builder. As long as not every team is first place, and kids don't score homeruns when they whiff.

Spent many a time trotting back to the bench looking at the ground ahead of me after striking out, feeling like crap. Definitely sucked, but my teammates were supportive, and it made the fielding and pitching triumphs just that much better when the tables were turned. The lesson? You might not be good at everything. Take your lumps, practice, try harder, and appreciate and own the gifts you have. Also, learning that you can still have true camaraderie even in failure.

And punch an ump every once in a while.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    2018 Little League World Series Champions!

Good game, the pitcher threw a complete game gem vs. South Korea, shut them out 3-0.
    It's always a little sad watching the team that loses, as they all played well throughout. But I also figure that's the way it goes, there's only one winner and it's refreshing to see that kids
    from around the world get used to that.

I bet they all still got trophies...

Congrats to the boys from Hawaii.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    I saw part of that game and it was fun to watch real baseball without the professional theatrics that inundates us now. Congrats to both teams for getting that far.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra