A Great American Hero Senator John McCain

His speech last October still brings tears to my eyes...prayers to one of our greatest American hero's. A man who lived every day to the fullest.....

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    He faces death with dignity. Go with peace, sir.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2018
    deleted...
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I didn't always agree with his politics, but, I have great respect for the man. He's always shown great courage and has been a true statesman. He served America with honor.
  • No comment.
    Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Regardless of your political stance, you got to respect the man he served his country with dignity and respect. All the best wishes for his family during these troubled times.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Well..he did serve in the Navy at a time when shots in anger were being fired..that says something about the man...The rest of his issues I'll leave it up to you good folks to decide...
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    deleted...

Good decision.

I mean this seriously and with the upmost respect.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueFox
    I saved a screen shot of John's disrespectful post, but decided not to post it.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just read a long article about Senator McCain.

I know his Life's History pretty well anyway, being my age.

I can say it's always, ALWAYS nice to be able to know the time is near and to say what you need to say to Loved ones and friends if you can.

My Mother got the chance, :) my Father didn't get that chance. :'(

I hope he passes pain free without any regrets and no anger in his heart or thoughts. o:)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited August 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

I saved it too.[/quote

………….
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I don't know what was posted, but it was deleted, so not sure why some of you are making comments about saving it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    A great American. Deserving of honor and respect. It would be pettiness to the Nth degree to disrespect him for any political reasons.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    la2vegas wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

I saved it too.

I'm glad I didn't get to read it.

McCain is an honorable man. You might not agree with his politics but this is not the time or place for that. May he live out the rest of his days with family and in peace.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    An honorable man, live in peace.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    .... here it is...

I asked, “what band was he in again?” Or something to that effect.

Was not meant to be disrespectful., however, on that subject, I have nothing but respect for the man and his service to the nation as a Naval Aviator. I won’t comment at all on his politics, but I do respect his service there as well.

Everybody happy now?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    McCain has passed over now.

RIP Senator.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • RIP, Mr. McCain,

And thank you.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    RIP
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    R.I.P. :(
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    R.I.P. Mr. McCain. Thank you for your sacrifice
  • BlueFox
    R.I.P.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Bless your Family in mourning
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    edited August 2018
    I never much agreed with McCain's views, but always liked him as a maverick and someone who would always speak his mind. Since I've been in the U.S.A. as my adopted country, one of the greatest qualities I've seen that I haven't seen anywhere else is a respect for integrity that transcends disagreement. R.I.P. Mr. McCain.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    RIP Senator McCain. Thank you for your service.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Telling that we live in a time where a national hero like John McCain won't have the honor of a president paying respects at his funeral.

"Judge a man by the reputation of his enemies."
    - Arabian Proverb

Rest in Peace, Senator. And thank you -
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    RIP sir, thank you for everything you've done.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I asked, “what band was he in again?” Or something to that effect.
    A band of Angels... A great man, he’ll be missed..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2018
    stretchl wrote: »
    Telling that we live in a time where a national hero like John McCain won't have the honor of a president paying respects at his funeral.

Do you know the real reason why?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk