RIP Ed King of Lynard Skynard....

Options
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Sad, RIP
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited August 2018
    Options
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-ed-king-dead-at-68-714847/ (Better article)

Best guitarist they ever had,IMHO. Rest easy Brother Ed.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Thanks for the great guitar playing ED!!
    I enjoyed it then and ever since too.
    You can rest now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options
    I just watched that new Skynyrd documentary on Showtime earlier this week and Ed King struck me as the healthiest one of the living members. Looks can be deceiving I guess. Per the Rolling Stone article he had been battling lung cancer. RIP to a great one.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    The Big “E!” Certainly one of best.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options

Among others...all the way back to The Strawberry Alarm Clock..Alabama..when it hit the top 40 airwaves..was undoubtably the ballsiest single that was ever spun..RIP..you are in good company Ed King...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I just saw the Showtime documentary on Skynyrd and it really illuminated some things for me about the band, and especially Ed King. He quit the band mid-tour after being unable to stomach their smash-up-the-hotel-rooms shite anymore, and thus was spared from the subsequent plane crash that killed his replacement, along with that guy's sister who was a back-up singer that got him into the band, Ronnie, and others. A California boy, always seemed out of place in that band, but one heck of a guitarist. My college girlfriend used to love Skynyrd, and especially Second Helping. The documentary was very interesting and brought back a lot but there was also so much I didn't know.