GEM Dandy Turntable Platter Mat

Brand new, taken out of package and realized the label recess cut out will not work with my screw on record clamp. I paid $60.00

Your Price: $35.00

Media Mail: $3.50

Payment: PayPal
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Are you finding that when using this on the 180gram and thicker Lp's that you have to do VTA adjustments when going from thinner to thicker Lp's?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Not understanding label recess not working with your screw on clamp as your L.P is on the mat, do you mean that the extra 1/8 thickness leaves you with less spindle length for your clamp to clamp down on? I'm some what interested trying this on my acrylic platter.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Are you finding that when using this on the 180gram and thicker Lp's that you have to do VTA adjustments when going from thinner to thicker Lp's?

I never played an LP with it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited August 2018
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Not understanding label recess not working with your screw on clamp as your L.P is on the mat, do you mean that the extra 1/8 thickness leaves you with less spindle length for your clamp to clamp down on? I'm some what interested trying this on my acrylic platter.

No, there's plenty of spindle sticking up. This clamping system seems to have been designed to work best with a flat platter.
    Post edited by F1nut on

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    What kind of clamping system are you using may I ask.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• F1nut
    VPI screw on clamp.

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I'll try it Jesse. Don't have PP though. You okay with this Gudnoyez?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    Ok Tom, let's see what Steve wants to do.

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    Go for it Tom I'm thinking if I put it on my acrylic platter I think I would have to adjust the VTA for 120 gram 180 gram or 200 gram albums.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• F1nut
    Steve, do you adjust your VTA for those LP's now? I'm thinking not, so adding a platter mat would require adjusting the VTA for it, then playing LP's as normal.

Anyway, Tom it's yours if you want it.

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    PM me your addy again. I'll send out a check today. Thanks.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    Done, consider this SOLD

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    I dont adjust with the Acrlic platter but adding another 1/8 of a inch I'm thinking you would have to make adjustments. Great deal none the less.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• F1nut
    Steve, like I said you would adjust the VTA after adding the mat, then play the LP's as you do now. So, if you want to try a mat you're golden.

President of Club Polk

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    can you guys point me to some info on what you're talking about 'vta' and all that?

thx