What song or piece do you end your night with

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,862
Tonight I think it will be les preludes by Gustav Lizt

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Whatever song is on when I pass out...
  • The song depends on the piece I’m trying to end my night with.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Sorry that should have been Franz Lizt. I was contemplating Gustav Holtz...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2018
    I haven't done it lately, but I used to really like to wrap up a Sunday evening ('specially when I was a workin' stiff) with side two of the Fab Four Moptop's Abbey Road. It's always just seemed like the really excellent coda that the lads meant it to be.

• mhardy6647
    FWIW, I really, really enjoy falling asleep with the hifi playing. It's phenomenally relaxing.

Oh, speaking of side 2 of Abbey Road -- this is old, but, if you've never seen/heard it, give it a listen. Performed more or less completely live (a couple of fixed flubs, per the intro credits).

https://youtu.be/HkxI0e0tOM0
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Three options: 1. None (silence). 2. Sony clock radio, sleep timer on 30 minutes, Coast to Coast AM only if it makes some sense (rarely does) or if it's really wacky (then it's funny), don't care for the psychics or cure-all docs. Usually asleep in ten minutes anyway. 3. Radio again, Local PBS FM station plays jazz until midnight then classical.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I like pie.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Depends on the record I’m listening to, and at what time I’m told to go to bed. One time, I ended the night with “Come Together” on Abbey Road. “Aw man, I just started the record, can’t I at least finish this side?” :wink:
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I haven't done it lately, but I used to really like to wrap up a Sunday evening ('specially when I was a workin' stiff) with side two of the Fab Four Moptop's Abbey Road. It's always just seemed like the really excellent coda that the lads meant it to be.

I could not agree more. Not that I try to end the night with it but it’s my favorite half of a album that exists!

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    edited August 2018
    Last nights listening session was ended with Mudvayne's album L.D.50. tracks 12-16 at a low volume. Tonight is chain/roller conveyors(I'm at work). All in all it varies.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here...whole album as it has an overall finality to it.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited August 2018
    I'll answer with not a song but a station, The Penthouse Radio. http://thepenthouse.fm
    It's mostly 40s-60s pop jazz and crooners, "The Great American Songbook."
    Began listening to it with my Yammy from Vtuner. Now mostly with TuneIn app to ChromeCast Audio.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647
    tratliff wrote: »

I could not agree more. Not that I try to end the night with it but it’s my favorite half of a album that exists!

Yeah, those boys weren't bad...
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    When I was in High School (1970's) I would listen to Jethro Tull Thick As A Brick in it's entirety on my Koss head phones. Haven't done that in many years, maybe I will tonight.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651

I think I posted it in another thread but in the last couple of months I picked up the Mobile Fidelity vinyl version of Abbey Road from like 1979, unopened. It did not stay unopened long.

Many of my friends who come over and enjoy listening to my system have been amazed by it. After listening we generally have to take a break to catch our breath. Some have said its a life changing event. :)

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    tratliff wrote: »

I think I posted it in another thread but in the last couple of months I picked up the Mobile Fidelity vinyl version of Abbey Road from like 1979, unopened. It did not stay unopened long.

Many of my friends who come over and enjoy listening to my system have been amazed by it. After listening we generally have to take a break to catch our breath. Some have said its a life changing event. :)

I've got one, but it was purchased, and opened, a long, long, long time ago :)
    That copy is my favorite one to listen to in the context of this thread, e.g.

Ironically, I do not have a digital version of Abbey Road, in any format.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2018
    Something by Linda Ronstadt. Usually Many Rivers to Cross, You Tell Me I'm Falling Down or Por Un Amor.

Have them on Vinyl and Digital, which format depends on how lazy I am.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I'm pushing I'm pushing it real good!

https://youtu.be/8wuk8OKgeXk
    I disabled signatures.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    CGTIII wrote: »
    I'll answer with not a song but a station, The Penthouse Radio. http://thepenthouse.fm
    It's mostly 40s-60s pop jazz and crooners, "The Great American Songbook."
    Began listening to it with my Yammy from Vtuner. Now mostly with TuneIn app to ChromeCast Audio.

This is just for enjoyable background, of course.
    Playing anything for critical listening would keep me awake afterward for quite a while. :-)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.