Polk LSiM’s on sale again

13»

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    That really sucks! Adorama was totally on the ball with my first order (702 surrounds). Got them in 2 days. Ordered the 704 center channel this morning, shipped this afternoon and I should see it tomorrow.

i rarely hear of issues with Adorama as they are a well respected business. Sorry you had to be the one.
    No excuses!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    Yeah It’s UPS mainly although I feel like Adorama led to believe Friday that they would send another pair of 707s after they filed the lost claim with the carrier. They told me the 707s were backorderd but when they came in I would get mine. I thought this was best case scenario as UPS told me they knew for a fact they didn’t pick them up from the merchant. But, when I called Adorama today they told they were not planning a replacement shipment and had me marked down for store credit and that there were going to be no more new 707s. And since the AVR and 703s were part of a bundle, they told me I would be charged full price for them if I didn’t take the store credit.

Since the original “lost” 707s were on there way back to Adorama and no way of knowing if I could claim them and not knowing their condition at this point, not to mention they couldn’t send another pair if they arrived damaged; I opted to send everything back. They said there would be no return cost and I would get a full refund.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Thats really odd. Sounds like some UPS driver has a nice sounding rig in their house.

Just be on the lookout on their site. More may arrive and you could still score them.
    No excuses!
  • Yeah I have the 705s in Mahogany so I could just get the matching center and the f/xs. I saw the latest promo on those too, but I’m not doing anything until my refund is established. The AVR is what really sold me on the bundle. My goal is to ultimately replace my RTIs with LSiMs I’m not sure I needed the big center and 707s either but that deal was too good to pass up. As long as this little fiasco doesn’t cost me I’ll be happy.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited August 2018
    Venting here. Still no refund for the 707s from Adorama. UPS has still not been able to locate them. I plan to call them today and see what their plan is. Surely Adorama isn’t waiting for UPS to return the packages that were allegedly never picked up to begin with before issuing my refund. Ugh. Just want to be done with this.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Any update @jeremymarcinko?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited August 2018
    Yeah. So UPS called me yesterday for information and told me they have been in contact with Adorama and have determined the speakers were never picked up from the merchant. Adorama couldn’t locate at their warehouse either. But they finally agreed they were not in route and issued my refund. Well it’s pending at this point. They received back the AVR and 703s yesterday but will take up to three days to process the refund for those. So it looks like I’m getting my money back. Sucks still I missed out on all the new gear, but at least I’m not out anything.

Still need to consolidate the 2ch to the HT room somehow. With my baby boy coming in a couple months I don’t want those tippy 705s near him. Realizing it’ll be a bit before he is mobile I got time to work it out.