daboyz Posts: 5,206
    No gangsta rap pics? :)

Seriously, looks great!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    daboyz wrote: »
    No gangsta rap pics? :)

Seriously, looks great!

No, sadly my wife veto'd my TuPac and Biggie RIP Memorial posters.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    That Micropro 2000 is a badass sub.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    Some updates to my thread. Not a lot changed I think, got new cables (PS Audio AC-3 x 3, Signal Digital Reference x 1, Audioquest Component cables). Wiring is 10 gauge Furez

Did some reorganizing tonight. Its a very unconventional setup wiring wise, but it works quite well.

4jm3fda1l6ka.jpeg
    Right side bottom to top
    Pioneer LDS-1 Laserdisc player
    Anthem MRX-500
    Mitsubishi DA-A30

Left side bottom to top:
    APC H15
    Custom HTPC
    Roku 3 | Linksys Switch | Netgear NAS
    Carver C-1

Powercables are as follows:
    APC H15 - PS Audio AC-3
    Anthem MRX-500 - PS Audio AC-3
    Polk MicroPro 2000 - PS Audio AC-3
    HTPC - Signal Cable Digital Reference

The rest of my source cables are a mixture of Audioquest Component cables, generic HDMI/Optical and Blue Jeans Cable LC-1

The HDMI is out on the anthem, but the component output works, so the wiring is weird in that the Roku and HTPC go straight to the TV, with sound coming via the optical output of the TV to the Anthem.

The Laserdisc uses Analog inputs on the Anthem, and sends them out via Component to the TV.

n8zy40ikj1cc.jpeg

Speakers are AV123 ELT525t towers, and I have a Polk Micropro 2000 sub. Nothing fancy but in my room its the perfect mix, and those that have heard it would agree. The couch is also super comfy (aint that right Russ)......

uoun2pu19w6s.jpeg
    y1mwnmaixjvh.jpeg

Random wiring pics in progress

9w368e1xyvdh.jpeg
    o0tcwvusne8s.jpeg
    3c9s1tg6m6v8.jpeg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    That is one comfy couch.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    :o:o:o

NICE!

And to think of the interconnects I put in place today! I'll have to go out tomorrow and yank em out and put in some I have that are better for now.

Nice systems.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Looks cozy! I like it.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2018
    Thanks. As I was back there I realized I failed to do the single most important thing, cover up my input jacks on the Anthem, Pioneer, and C-1 lol....

So tonight I will wheel it back forward (thank god I got it on wheels now), and put those glorious plastic covers I bought from @Rick88 a long time ago on it.

It wont do much for the sound quality, but it will make it look pretty (not that anyone would know unless I showed them a picture).

Maybe one day when I have some extra cash I will drop on more of the Apollo AV RCA jack shields, but that day isnt coming anytime soon
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Love the Carver pre, had the same one back in the 80's.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • EndersShadow
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Love the Carver pre, had the same one back in the 80's.

Thanks. One day it will get a full mod with all the fixing (i.e. Bill D, remote mod, etc) but for now it is just a display piece till I get my TT fixed. Then I will use it as a phono pre to the Anthem since it doesn't have a phono input.

Likely severe overkill, but thats ok. I may do the phono pre mod first since it would directly affect how my TT sounds to the Anthem.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    I miss that Mitsubishi. It was a nice little unit.

Yup, need to get it dialed in better and redo ARC. Its playing lower than my Anthem did by default and the level input knobs are as high as they can go.

The Anthem is rated 100 wpc x 2 @ 8 which is around what the Mitsubishi is too IIRC

So I'm sure its got something to do with ARC messing with things.

Seriously screw ing is censored?
  • EndersShadow
    This is for @Rick88 who sold me these covers years ago.

I left a couple open on the Carver (because I plan to use it as a phono pre), and the Anthem (because I plan to add a EQ that’s just connected for its meters), but otherwise everything’s covered up good!

mc76iv846zpa.jpeg
    973c7acgvr58.jpeg
    7yw5qe9pvpz1.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    What's the point of them? Just to keep dust out and/or prevent oxidation of the metal?
  • EndersShadow
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What's the point of them? Just to keep dust out and/or prevent oxidation of the metal?

To keep me from internally cringing each time I picture the back of my rack.

In all honestly its just to keep them covered for dust, I doubt it slows down oxidation.

The other RCA covers I posted actually are supposed to block noise from entering like EMI/RFI, but they are a lot more expensive.
  • Nice room man. If there were a mini fridge you’d be all set.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    Nice room man. If there were a mini fridge you’d be all set.

Have one, but not worth putting in there, kids would leave it open and blow the compressor, or I'd have to install kidproof stuff on it... PITA either way, so just nope.
  • Ha I thought you were going say no cause of the compressor noise jacking up the noise floor.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    Ha I thought you were going say no cause of the compressor noise jacking up the noise floor.

Nah, not that crazy there, not even on a dedicated circuit. There is a ceiling fan so I already know there is noise....

I have one empty breaker on my panel in the garage, so I could use it for that, but I haven't gone that far down the rabbit hole...
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    4jm3fda1l6ka.jpeg

Nice rig there Dan. Looking at your Anthem reminded me that I need to get the MRX 300 unit I have back on the bench. I'm going to try another fix on the HDMI card. I repaired a blown cap now I plan to re-flow some of the chips.

Also, your Salamander rack...reminds me that that guy still has the cherry one last I checked. I was thinking of getting it but MAN do I have a lot on my plate right now.... and hobby stuff is just not in the cards.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    your wires are crooked......such a shame >:)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2018
    WLDock wrote: »
    Nice rig there Dan. Looking at your Anthem reminded me that I need to get the MRX 300 unit I have back on the bench. I'm going to try another fix on the HDMI card. I repaired a blown cap now I plan to re-flow some of the chips.

Also, your Salamander rack...reminds me that that guy still has the cherry one last I checked. I was thinking of getting it but MAN do I have a lot on my plate right now.... and hobby stuff is just not in the cards.

Let me know what you find. If I could fix this one that would rock in so many ways lol..

Its the HDMI Output. If I connect a HDMI in, I get audio no problem, but no video out. I can get Component out to the TV, but I'd prefer to just have to use the one connection type lol...

That Salamander does look nice, however I have to much expresso in my room for Cherry to work. My mains are Walnut, the ottomans, toybox, my chair, etc.

Would stick out too much...
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    your wires are crooked......such a shame >:)

giphy.gif
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Lots of solid gear! Did you shore up the floor? :)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    This is for @Rick88 who sold me these covers years ago.

I left a couple open on the Carver (because I plan to use it as a phono pre), and the Anthem (because I plan to add a EQ that’s just connected for its meters), but otherwise everything’s covered up good!

mc76iv846zpa.jpeg
    973c7acgvr58.jpeg
    7yw5qe9pvpz1.jpeg

Are you using an audioquest component cable for an audio l+r?
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2018
    Willow wrote: »

Yup lol........ Ghetto as heck, but it works perfectly.

I use two of them, both for the Laser disc player. If the RCA's and corresponding Video In was closer (or I could pull the pieces apart more) I'd just be using a single one.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Willow wrote: »

Yup lol........ Ghetto as heck, but it works perfectly.

I use two of them, both for the Laser disc player. If the RCA's and corresponding Video In was closer (or I could pull the pieces apart more) I'd just be using a single one.

Pm me I'll take care of that for free.