Polk LSiM’s on sale again

Comments

• At that price is that for two LSiM 707? Can’t be uhu?
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    Thought I was going to have PFB story to share. Yesterday while at work part of my order the 703s and 3070 was to be delivered but I saw they require a signature. Since no one would be home I figured they would just try again and I would be teleworking today when the 707s are to be delivered.

Well I don’t answer my personal phone at my desk at work. So when it rang at 1pm I let it go to vm. I called the number back when I could and it was the UPS driver. He said since no one was home he asked our neighbor to sign for them. What! I didn’t want them sitting outside, but whatever. I asked which neighbor and he says Makayla next door. Now I am worried there is no Makayla who lives next door. I check the delivery confirmation and sure enough this “Makayla” signed for them. I told the driver I don’t know who that is and that the only Makayla I know is a 5th grader who lives around the block, but she should be in school. No he says this girl was in her twenties, she getting out of her car next to your house; but I wouldn’t worry about it you live in a nice neighborhood. I am sure it will be fine.

I wanted to leave work and see what the heck was going on on, but decided if something was not right, I would be too late anyway. Anyway all was good when I got home the packages all on my front walk. I talked to my neighbor later, who wasn’t home during the day either, about a Makayla and she said that Makayla was her cleaning lady. Obviously it worked out, but man UPS didn’t care at all where the signature came from.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited August 2018
    Thought I was going to have PFB story to share. Yesterday while at work part of my order the 703s and 3070 was to be delivered but I saw they require a signature. Since no one would be home I figured they would just try again and I would be teleworking today when the 707s are to be delivered.

Well I don’t answer my personal phone at my desk at work. So when it rang at 1pm I let it go to vm. I called the number back when I could and it was the UPS driver. He said since no one was home he asked our neighbor to sign for them. What! I didn’t want them sitting outside, but whatever. I asked which neighbor and he says Makayla next door. Now I am worried there is no Makayla who lives next door. I check the delivery confirmation and sure enough this “Makayla” signed for them. I told the driver I don’t know who that is and that the only Makayla I know is a 5th grader who lives around the block, but she should be in school. No he says this girl was in her twenties, she getting out of her car next to your house; but I wouldn’t worry about it you live in a nice neighborhood. I am sure it will be fine.

I wanted to leave work and see what the heck was going on on, but decided if something was not right, I would be too late anyway. Anyway all was good when I got home the packages all on my front walk. I talked to my neighbor later, who wasn’t home during the day either, about a Makayla and she said that Makayla was her cleaning lady. Obviously it worked out, but man UPS didn’t care at all where the signature came from.
    That’s crazy. If they got stolen, you would have a hell of a time trying to convince either the shipper or seller it was their fault. Glad it all worked out.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    That story is why I have everything shipped to work. Now a bundle of speakers might be a bit much, but my boss understands. I've had muffler's, 60" TV, computers, etc all delivered to work because of the issue described here. I don't want my neighbors or strangers signing for my stuff nor do I want it sitting outside all day.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DSkip wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »

Well I don’t answer my personal phone at my desk at work. So when it rang at 1pm I let it go to vm. I called the number back when I could and it was the UPS driver. He said since no one was home he asked our neighbor to sign for them. WTF, I didn’t want them sitting outside, but whatever. I asked which neighbor and he says Makayla next door. Now I am worried there is no Makayla who lives next door. I check the delivery confirmation and sure enough this “Makayla” signed for them. I told the driver I don’t know who that is and that the only Makayla I know is a 5th grader who lives around the block, but she should be in school. No he says this girl was in her twenties, she getting out of her car next to your house; but I wouldn’t worry about it you live in a nice neighborhood. I am sure it will be fine.

That’s crazy. If they got stolen, you would have a hell of a time trying to convince either the shipper or seller it was their fault. Glad it all worked out.

I would log a complaint immediately.

Yeah I am actually going to talk to the driver today when he drops off the 707s. If it’s the same person. Then I’ll contact the carrier.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    That story is one reason why I just have everything held at the local fedex or ups stores, which are both very close to work. It’s a slight inconvenience to pay for assurance that your stuff will be there, and if the box is obviously damaged you can open it right in front of an employee. And you have 5 business days to pick up the package, so it’s never been a problem for me.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I’ve asked UPS to hold at the store and was informed they would only hold at the distribution center, which a little haul for me. Probably still worth it though, I picked up my RTI’s at the distribution center.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I wouldn’t talk to the driver, if he is willing to break the rules in regards to signature on delivery, then who knows if he will be unprofessional to you or his superiors if you give him a warning shot.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I’ve asked UPS to hold at the store and was informed they would only hold at the distribution center, which a little haul for me. Probably still worth it though, I picked up my RTI’s at the distribution center.

Interesting. I have both a fedex and ups online shipping account. Just select hold at location X online, and that is what happens everytime. Subs, speakers, you name it. Did u call or select the location online?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I called them. Very likely I got bad information.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    heiney9 wrote: »
    That story is why I have everything shipped to work. Now a bundle of speakers might be a bit much, but my boss understands. I've had muffler's, 60" TV, computers, etc all delivered to work because of the issue described here. I don't want my neighbors or strangers signing for my stuff nor do I want it sitting outside all day.

H9

AS a warehouse manager I frown on personal packages being delivered to our warehouse. We have over 200 people in our building so no way.

Even for UPS I don't have mine shipped to work I pickup @ UPS. FedEx for the most part will go to my home. I have retired neighbors that I will tell them that I have a package coming, I then leave a note on the door and FedEx will deliver to my neighbor.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Grabbed a pair of the LSiM702F/X surrounds @$500 with that awesome coupon code. Love that $1,000 savings! Got them on Monday and now need to hang them and retire my long used FX500's circa 2000. The LSi surround system is nearly complete.
    No excuses!
  • Nice! I would have preferred the 702s instead of the 703s included in my bundle. I am not sure how I am going to mount the 703s.

Congrats on completing your LSI surround. Enjoy!
  • Still no 707s. Looks like this is getting messy. Adorama telling me they have shipped and UPS picked them up. UPS saying no they haven’t picked up the items from Adorama. Adorama gave me the pickup number from UPS. UPS says that’s not one of their numbers.

UPS tracking only shows label created. Not yet shipped.

Frustrating. Adorama wants me to wait a few more days to see if they show up. Not sure how I’ll know to be here to sign for them or even how Adorama will know they were delivered.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Did you punch in track numbers Adorama sent you on UPS “track your package “website? That told me all the stops and time of delivery. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited August 2018
    Yeah tracking only shows “label created”

Consistent with what UPS is telling me.

Adorama trying to convince me UPS probably just missed a scan. How do two huge boxes like that miss the initial scan, and not scanned again in four days?
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Yeah tracking only shows “label created”

Consistent with what UPS is telling me.

Adorama trying to convince me UPS probably just missed a scan. How do two huge boxes like that miss the initial scan, and not scanned again in four days?

That most likely means that the label(s) were created and that UPS hasn't picked anything up yet. Hopefully, they ship out to you soon.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • That’s my thoughts also. Label was created on the 13th. Adorama is adamant they have shipped. They told me they wouldn’t file a claim until the 23rd.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    OK, did something happen with UPS on Monday.

I ordered some 80F/X RT in-ceiling surround speakers on Amazon. They shipped from LA and should have been at my house Tuesday. The tracking still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". I'm a warehouse manager, this is what a tracking says when a package is still on my dock, UPS/FedEx has not scanned the label.

Lucky for me it's a 3rd party prime vendor, he's shipping FedEx Saturday AM delivery.

Now this is the same thing coming from the other side of the country. Crud now my OCD is hitting, I shipped a ton of parts on Monday via UPS... err now I will have to go to works and run all the tracking numbers. Sounds like UPS had a hiccup in their tracking system.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited August 2018
    Yes i think something happened to the UPS tracking system. I should have been more patient, as I had that exact same issue. I asked Adorama to file a lost claim and to send another pair once they are back in stock. Low and behold they arrived at the central Ohio access point last night, but because of the lost claim they are being redirected back to Adorama. :#:'( I now feel like a dumb@$$.

In my defense UPS told me there was no way those packages were picked up and shipped. UPS really needs to get it together. I shouldn’t have been so hasty.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited August 2018
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    That story is one reason why I just have everything held at the local fedex or ups stores, which are both very close to work. It’s a slight inconvenience to pay for assurance that your stuff will be there, and if the box is obviously damaged you can open it right in front of an employee. And you have 5 business days to pick up the package, so it’s never been a problem for me.

Both of these! Mainly I ship to work. My boss's are never surprised anymore when I get heavy stuff or large shipments (12 subs on a pallet, a B&K 200.5, Denon AVR, etc).

I haven't bought speakers in a long time, but they'd be shipped to work tool

Thankfully FedEx and UPS deliver inside the office, and we have some carts and whatnot to wheel things out lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Great deals again from Adorama. Peace. Dnv9txyk6zdj3.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Great deals again from Adorama. Peace. Dnv9txyk6zdj3.png

Is there a code you have to use for these? Might be time to jump on a pair of 702’s
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    The code is SUMMERHEAT
    No excuses!
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    halo wrote: »
    Being slender also makes it a little “tippy.”

The center of gravity is way low. They're very bottom heavy. I'd not say tippy at all, and I have a 7-year-old...

And.... I'm slender. And only tippy on the weekends. Usually.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    That's a good center too for a couple hundy and free shipping.
  • So the 707s are now discontinued. I spoke the the customer service rep and they would not be able to fulfill my order now. I asked about them resending the 707s that were lost and they were not able able to make that happen. Oh well, I am not taking the store credit on the 707s and they couldn’t tell me if/when my 706 would be available for shipment.

So ultimately I canceled the order and will be sending back the Yamaha and 703s. Kind of a bummer.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Damn, dude. What a hassle. :(
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Oh well. Live and learn.