Good Will comes through again

For the last few years both the GW stores in my area are and still are devoid of any electronics. That's not to say there wasn't a load of LPs that had come in. I did a visual inspection on them all and all came through w/o a pop, miss, or crackle after a listen at home.
1. Elvin Bishop---Let It Flow
2. Stevie Wonder-- Innervisions
3. Souther-Hillman-Furay Band--Trouble in Paradise
4. Bonnie Raitt--Give It Up
5. Boz Scaggs--Moments
6. Bob Seger w/SBB---Stranger In Town
7. Souther-Hillman-Furay--untitled
So none of these were still in the shrink but all after a wipe down were in great shape. All for under $10 and a 10 minute drive. All cover art is also intact w/ inner sleeves.
Even P-Man would play these guys.......
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Great albums are rare in our goodwill stores.
    If they show up, they won't last long since there are a few guys who pop in and look real quick JUST for great audio stuff. I haven't been a regular for a year or more but from the barren Goodwill store floor and shelves the other day, I'm not missing much anymore.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Goodwill in my area has nothing but other people's junk.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Our GoodWill used to have all kinds of stuff. There was a older Marantz that someone beat me to by about 10 seconds, probably a year ago. Recently, the only decent audio gear I’ve found there were some old Kenwood speakers. A few DVD and CD players as well, but I already have 3 too many of those :wink:
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited August 2018
    There are a chain of stores in the Atlanta area ( not sure if they are in other parts of the country) called Bargain Hunt. They take closeout deals on new items ( previous model runs and discontinued items) and sell them for 20-40% of original price. They had some really nice gear including Marantz integrated and pioneer blu ray players. But like above, didn’t need three of something :wink: