joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Ok cool. That makes me feel better about dropping 2k
    Thank you.
  • joecoulson
    All I gotta say is :D:D
  • KPGM
    KPGM Posts: 8
    In the market for a new sub and I keep hearing amazing things about SVS. In my budget range is the SB and PB 2000. Would you suggest one over the other if it's being used strictly for HT use. Would be pairing this with RTi A9's.

thanks!
    Panasonic 60" plasma, Denon AVR-3313CI, Outlaw 5000, Polk Rti A9's, CSi A6, FXi A4's & A6's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    HT = ported all the way.

SVS are nice subs, HSU are good too but no free shipping.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    mrloren wrote: »
    HT = ported all the way.

SVS are nice subs, HSU are good too but no free shipping.

Agreed
  • joecoulson
    Love mine. Customer service was unparalleled
    Built like a tank.
  • Just ordered a SB 4000 in piano for my 2ch/combination man cave HT system. I'm gonna move my SB2000 to the bedroom rig which now consists of Peachtree Nova 125SE, Focal 905's. The SB 4000 will go with the Ushers and the Parasound amps and provide a little more thump in HT use.

BTW SVS offers you a 5% discount if you are a repeat buyer when you have ordered direct from them before. Very nice deal on an already nice deal.

Any feedback from series 4000 users?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • joecoulson
    Congrats man! I think you will love the app control (if you don't already have that with the SB2000?) of this sub
    post pics when you get it setup!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Just ordered a SB 4000 in piano for my 2ch/combination man cave HT system. I'm gonna move my SB2000 to the bedroom rig which now consists of Peachtree Nova 125SE, Focal 905's. The SB 4000 will go with the Ushers and the Parasound amps and provide a little more thump in HT use.

BTW SVS offers you a 5% discount if you are a repeat buyer when you have ordered direct from them before. Very nice deal on an already nice deal.

Any feedback from series 4000 users?

It's a beast, you'll like it. The app.....I see no need for it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    F1nut wrote: »

It's a beast, you'll like it. The app.....I see no need for it.

If you have young children and like to watch late at night, sure is convenient being able to turn down the sub. The remote is there, but it's line of sight

• joecoulson
    Nice setup Mikey
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Pretty that system is worth more than my first house lol...I’m sure it’s more than I have ever spent on a car...wowzers!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • So after the SB4000 I have decided that I am going to do some more upgrades to this man cave 2channel HT combination system.... Keeping with the SVS theme of this thread I started researching surround speakers and have decided on trying a pair of the SVS Ultra Surround Speakers. The interesting thing about these https://www.svsound.com/collections/ultra-series/products/ultra-surround is that you can run them in Bipole, Dipole, and DUET modes. In DUET mode you can run 2 channels of side/rear surround to each speaker which then makes your 5.1 into a 7.1 system.... Interesting ? Gimmick? Only one way to find out and that is to give them a try so I ordered a pair. If they are crap then I can send them back...

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • So I give a Mikey Likesit 2 thumbs up to the Ultra Surrounds...

I watched and listened to a couple of blu rays last night and let them breathe ,

The whole system for a small package is really quite the beast in a 12' x 15' room . No problem with feeling immersed with the surrounds and of course the amp upgrade and configuration of this room also contributing greatly to this.

I have also decided to live without the Parsound P5 for 2 channel listening using the AV7004 's surprisingly nice 2 channel music modes.

Using all balanced outputs to the amps makes for a very quiet/low noise floor between sources the AV PrePro and amps.

In 2 channel mode I have it configured using the trigger options to only turn on the A21 leaving the A52+ idle until the TV/GAME/BD options are turned on.

What's left to do? Maybe some additional room treats and some Logitech remote tweaking.

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Anyone having issues with the amplifier in their SB-16 Ultra?
    I hope not, but I'm getting ready to install the third amplifier in mine since February of this year.
    I think it's great SVS has awesome customer service I'm just getting tired of having to use it, real tired.
    Am I abusing the sub? Far from it, it's probably one of the most underutilized subs they have ever sold.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • joecoulson
    Wonder if it’s either your power or source causing issues?
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited October 2018
    I have 3 svs subs not 1 issue

• F1nut
    No issue here.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    Sorry meant to answer the question, have the SB16 ultra and never had one issue except with my back after moving it.
  • gwh
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sorry meant to answer the question, have the SB16 ultra and never had one issue except with my back after moving it.

No that's cool I really don't think it's anything on my end but I never say never.
    Better Cables sub cable, using the stock power cable to a dedicated plug, sub signal coming from a Yamaha RX-A3070 in negative territory.
    If something was surging on my end I would think I would be able to hear it through the sub before it just killed over. One more amp, different cables and AC outlet. If that don't work I guess I'll box it up and request a refund.
    Fun fun.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• F1nut
    Has SVS said what they found wrong with the previous amps? If not, find out as it could be a clue.

President of Club Polk

• gwh
    Alrighty got the new amp in today and installed. Attached are a couple pics of the replacement amp and the replacement amp for the replacement amp. They look Identical with the exception of the bad amp having a layer of three stickers over the casing for the low level inputs vs just one sticker on the new amp. Clue? I don't know.
    The amp that originally came in it I did not really look it over before I dropped it in the
    return box. There is some chatter out there that claim SVS did get a batch of bad amps for this model, maybe I just ended up with two of them. This was a scratch and dent model I ordered from them.hfjgb7h9qjqd.jpg
    7tk97gg80qeq.jpg
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• Theheadsn
    Theheadsn Posts: 413
    Need some suggestions. Recently redid my house and received the wife's blessing to move my set up from the garage into the living room. Issue I'm running into now is my PSW505 is woefully under powered for this size of space. The whole room is open concept, so the living room, dinning room, and kitchen are all open to each other. I have over 6000ft3 worth of room to fill with bass now.

My 2 major questions I have are
    Single PB-4000 or Dual PB-2000's
    and
    Placement

Right now I have my sub in at the bottom of my media rack on the right wall. Once I really started doing research, it sounds like that's probably not the best location. If I keep the PSW505 going I can move in on the fireplace hearth in between the towers. But if I upgraded to an SVS, I would have to move the towers onto the hearth and put the subwoofer on either side of the speakers.
    Buying the one PB-4000 would mean either putting it in the right corner of the room, or the left side which is more open to the kitchen.
    Buying the two PB-2000's would mean one on each side.
    I could eventually swing buying a second PB-4000 but it wouldn't be for at least a year. For the time being would I be doing myself a disservice by only having one sub, or is the upgrade from the 2000 to the 4000 worthwhile enough to hold me off? As you can see there isnt a lot of seating positions to worry about, and I really only have to worry about myself and sometimes the wife watching movies. But the amount of cubic space in the room is very large, so would the dual 2000's get lost in there?

Equipment:
    RTiA9's powered by dual 200 watt outlaw monoblocks
    CSiA6 center
    Onkyo TX-RZ1100 9.2 ch receiver
    q2ea6yij9aer.jpg
    93qyvn84ba7x.jpg
    f43noy215vld.jpg
    ybfkie0qpl1m.jpg
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• joecoulson
    IMO
    I would get the 4000 (or even 16 from scratch and dent) and save for the next one.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Willow wrote: »
    Too bad you couldn't stuff an SVS in the fireplace

That would certainly help the looks of that "fireplace"
  • Theheadsn
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    Too bad you couldn't stuff an SVS in the fireplace

That would certainly help the looks of that "fireplace"

Ya ya lol ive been lagging in deciding deciding what to do with it. Right now just have insulation to keep the draft down. Need to just build a cover.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2018
    Twin PB-2000s. Locate them asymmetrically.

BTW: what speakers are on the drawing board for surrounds, 5 or 7 channels total?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Theheadsn
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Twin PB-2000s. Locate them asymmetrically.

BTW: what speakers are on the drawing board for surrounds, 5 or 7 channels total?

Right now I have it set up as a 5.1.4 Sadly my rears AND atmos are all in ceiling. How the living room is set up, I wouldn't be able to use my FXiA6s
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P