Polk LSiM’s on sale again

Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
0hpx5i296glh.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Whoa! And I thought I got a good deal :/
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    WTF!!! Guess I should have waited.. I feel sorry for the guys who paid full price..
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Could someone post an actual link? Can't find this deal anywhere on the Adorama site. Even if I enter the SUMMERHEAT code, nada...
  • Dabutcher
    edited August 2018
    Code works for bookies. $499
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Bah, I want 707's. I have always felt I should have gone for them instead of the 705's & DK's recent review has made that even more apparent.
  • Dabutcher
    Sorry . 707’s deal has expired. Peace. D
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    dang that was a fast deal. Are you on a email list or something @Dabutcher ?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The 703's appear to be still available for $499, free shipping no taxes with code applied. Go to Slickdeals.com and do a search for Polk Audio. The deal will be the first one that come up. It appears the 707's are done for the time being.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,052
    How do we know what the coupon works on? I just tried with a pair of 705's, no dice. Do we just keep adding random Polks to our cart to see if the code works?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dromunds
    The Adorama deal shows up when I searched Slickdeals.com for Polk Audio and the 705 were not listed on the deal, they had the 703's, 707's and several packages listed. The 703's went through went I put them in my cart and applied the code, the 707's didn't. That's all I know.
  • dromunds
    I think they also had the 702's listed separately.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Dabutcher
    I put the 703’s in cherry in my cart with code and they are $499 with free shipping and no tax. Awesome deal. Sell for more than that on CL used. Sold mine with stands for 600 cash six months ago on CL. Peace. D
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,052
    Those 703's are super tempting, but I have nowhere to use them...lol
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Ditto
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    I picked up a pair of the 702's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited August 2018
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Bah, I want 707's. I have always felt I should have gone for them instead of the 705's & DK's recent review has made that even more apparent.

Don't regret it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    heiney9 wrote: »

me too
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    I wouldn't mind having a black pair of 703s. Midnight Mahogany must outsell Cherry by 10:1 because the Cherry LSiMs seem to always be on sale whereas Midnight Mahogany is always is seldom on sale and always on backorder.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I would like to go over to someones house who has the LSIM 705 or 707 and give them a listen. I only heard the 703's back when they where being passed around here for demo.
    They where very nice sounding speakers.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    Just ordered bundle 1 with the 707s :)

Might have some mahogany 705s coming to the flea market

Post edited by jeremymarcinko on
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Dabutcher
    Mine came last Monday , 705’s after being on back order since 20th of July. Adorama does a great job double boxing them. Boxes had no damage whatsoever. Sound great so far and wife has not said a word yet about them having a larger footprint than Dynaudio’s in her living room. Peace. D
  • When I got the 705s a couple years ago from them they were not double boxed and were completely beat up. Luckily no damage to the 705s.

Glad to hear they have improved the shipping.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073

Those are the ones I've been wanting for ages. Bad timing though, I'm currently rocking some old school Boston Acoustics VR965 towers & VR920 center in my theater system that I always wanted to try since back when they came out. Great deals on old stuff can be had.

Great deals on new stuff as well for those lucky patient ones!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711

Holy Moly....
    $2,800 for 5 speakers and a yammie....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Sound great so far and wife has not said a word yet about them having a larger footprint than Dynaudio’s in her living room. Peace. D
    That's awesome.

My wife still doesn't want "large" speakers in the living room. Someday, I think I might see if she'll go for bookshelf speakers(Even though they take up the same footprint as towers ;) ). Or, an even cooler idea would be a set of the smaller MartinLogans. Tall but kind of clear, LOL!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Women love Martin Logans. It's a well known fact.
  • mrbiron wrote: »

Holy Moly....
    $2,800 for 5 speakers and a yammie....

My thoughts exactly.
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Mine came last Monday , 705’s after being on back order since 20th of July. Adorama does a great job double boxing them. Boxes had no damage whatsoever. Sound great so far and wife has not said a word yet about them having a larger footprint than Dynaudio’s in her living room. Peace. D

Good to hear, the 705 is a pretty nice looking speaker since it’s a bit slender compared to its relative size. The quality finish also helps as well.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Rich502 wrote: »

Good to hear, the 705 is a pretty nice looking speaker since it’s a bit slender compared to its relative size. The quality finish also helps as well.

Being slender also makes it a little “tippy.”
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10