Polk HTS12 Sub Review: From AVSForum

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited August 2018 in Speakers
In case anyone wanted to read it: Polk HTS12

They seemed quite impressed with it for its price point.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    VERY NICE review for sure!
    Thanks.

Anybody with the Signature series might want to add one to match if they don't have something already.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I was thinking about a HTS-10 to replace my Velodyne, and after reading that, I think that is what I’ll go with, if the HTS-10 is anything like it’s big brother.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yes very nice review. I've always recommended the Polk 505 for people who didn't want to spend on an HSU or SVS. Most have been happy with it. Now Polk is offering a big step up from the 505, nice to see.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Nice review. So the performance (and looks) will compliment the line well.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Great review.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • My hts12 is only a few weeks old. It only works for a few seconds and then stops. The Red LED started flashing.
    Can anyone tell me why this is doing this?
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Probably an amp issue. @KennethSwauger can you help?
  • I would send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com he'll need the serial number from the unit.