How’s everyone's summer going?

mikeyb128
mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
edited August 2018 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys,

Haven’t logged in a a while, I’ve creeped In a few times. But have been busy enjoying a hot summer up here in Alberta. How have you guys been? Enjoying your summer?

Recently picked up a new truck for my summer camping/ shooting hobby. Hope everyone is till enjoying the music! Cheers buddies!
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    But have been busy enjoying a hot summer up here in Alberta.

Do Alberta's parents know?
  • mikeyb128
    edited August 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »
    But have been busy enjoying a hot summer up here in Alberta.

Do Alberta's parents know?

Sorry man, not getting the joke.
    You could answer like a human?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Viking64
    You could answer like a human?

You're to make syntax not too good.
  • mikeyb128
    Thanks man. Not looking for a condescending comment. Just thought I would check in. See how everyone is doing. But looks like you’re bored. Jesus.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Just pay him no mind, he means well but he's been huffing glue tonight.

What kind of truck did you get?
  • mikeyb128
    edited August 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »

Usually he has funny dog pictures. But I guess tonight he’s the resident a$$ hole. Must be from Ontario. It’s hot and I can’t sleep! Waaaa!
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128

But thank you for asking. I picked a new Tacoma. Liking the reviews of the audio show. Lots of work you’ve done. Very nice work man.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Viking64
    Usually he has funny dog pictures. But I guess tonight he’s the resident a$$ hole. Must be from Ontario. It’s hot and I can’t sleep! Waaaa!

t5a1jp6j1nso.jpg
  • Viking64
    he's been huffing glue tonight.

ekaa1ai5kenj.jpg

• mikeyb128
    Thank you Viking. Ahhhhhhh! Back to your good old self.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128
    xff9td06m4p1.png
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Hey thanks a lot, glad you're enjoying the reviews. The show was a lot of fun, I just wish I would've gone for the full day on Friday!
    But thank you for asking. I picked a new Tacoma. Liking the reviews of the audio show. Lots of work you’ve done. Very nice work man.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Are you or have you been affected by all the fires?
    It's been hot here in Ottawa. Usually in the mid to high 40 with humidity. Our lawns are just coming back from being brown. Just on the tail of our summer vacation and kids go back to school in 3 weeks. Just received their uniforms getting them hemmed. Congrats on the new truck.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    East Coast, here.
    I feel I almost checked out last month. Lost 14 lbs. during a crazy weird illness of all kinds of sorts. But I made it and getting stronger every day.

Other than that, I bought a great BEAUTIFUL TT ( Pro-Ject Perspex)and a couple sets of BEAUTFUL speakers ( Triton Ones and Def. Tech. BP30's )off of Craigs List this summer! B)

All three at what I consider GREAT prices!! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I’ve hadn’t a great summer, for Audio and otherwise. Got a TT, a few receivers, SDA’s, and have been enjoying every minute of it. Also had family from Norway here.
    I’m also going to go to Glacier National Park for the week, leaving on Monday. It’s gonna be a lot of fun!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Welcome back!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Thanks, if that's for me. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mikeyb128
    I haven’t been affected personally by the fires, but being on the edge of the Rocky Mountains, our city has been blanketed in a thick layer of smoke. It was 38degress here yesterday, got dry and Smokey!

Audio has been on hold for me this summer, but I did his pick up a rogue audio stereo 100! And I’m absolutely stoked how this baby sounds! I hate to say at almost half the price of my bryston 4B3, it kills the Bryston in sound quality! Wow!
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Jeesh how far north do you live?
  • mikeyb128
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I’m in calgary Alberta. We smoked a record for heat from 1919 haha. Literally lol
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I haven’t been affected personally by the fires, but being on the edge of the Rocky Mountains, our city has been blanketed in a thick layer of smoke. It was 38degress here yesterday, got dry and Smokey!

Audio has been on hold for me this summer, but I did his pick up a rogue audio stereo 100! And I’m absolutely stoked how this baby sounds! I hate to say at almost half the price of my bryston 4B3, it kills the Bryston in sound quality! Wow!

Glad to hear parts of Alberta are just as warm as parts of Ontario. Makes for a great summer.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I’m in calgary Alberta. We smoked a record for heat from 1919 haha. Literally lol

Ok so that was 38°C not F . I was thinking dang 38°F that is too cold for August lol
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Summer is flying by. Working too much, haven't been to the range at all. Built a Pergola over the patio was the most notable thing.

What kinda truck you buy?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mikeyb128
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Summer is flying by. Working too much, haven't been to the range at all. Built a Pergola over the patio was the most notable thing.

What kinda truck you buy?

Picked up this bad boy about 3 weeks ago.
    gy2dc2pfr99x.png
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• pitdogg2
    Very nice mikeyb
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Nice truck and love the nature setting...
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mikeyb128
    Thanks guys, been quite the change. Went from a Golf R to the Tacoma. The Tacoma is awesome, goes anywhere and through anything. Such a nice truck.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    My daughter and I were just up your way @mikeyb128 . Spent a day in Calgary, saw the head sculpture at the Bow bldg. Then went to Banff for a few days. Banff was gorgeous. r2ag92yshbps.jpeg
    i9bz0px1z4tz.jpeg
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • mikeyb128
    Right on! I believe Steve-o got arrested once for climbing the head! Banff is gorgeous, we camp on crown land (public use land) just east of banff. I’m out there almost every weekend.

Here’s a pic of Margaret lake, it’s a very sketchy logging road to get here.

zvf51le4qnbt.jpeg
    6xdopmrx8nj1.jpeg
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Good looking truck!

Nice pics.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.